Free Controls: Switch/Color Selector/Font Selector

[quote=185392:@Stefan Welcker]Will upload tonight a new version, as you can see in the upper most screenshot i got the chance to have a win box for a day to tweak the graphics. Was a huge surprise for me how big the differences are. Still no declares but some Target conditions. Big learning: GDI+ integration is very bad, had to switch it off most of the times. Wonder if the integration is correct if you need to tweak on pixel level.

Without a box for each OS it’s nearly impossible, wonder what your experience is…[/quote]

Virtual Machine is a decent solution on Mac to have access to Windows. It is not absolutely identical, since the Mac double buffer tends to minimize flicker, but for what you need to do it would enable you to see the drawing glitches.

I bought VMWare, but you can start by downloading VirtualBox for free from VirtualBox.Org and get the feel of it.

[quote=185500:@Michel Bujardet]Virtual Machine is a decent solution on Mac to have access to Windows. It is not absolutely identical, since the Mac double buffer tends to minimize flicker, but for what you need to do it would enable you to see the drawing glitches.

I bought VMWare, but you can start by downloading VirtualBox for free from VirtualBox.Org and get the feel of it.[/quote]

Michel,

thanks for the hint, i use VirtualBox for Linux already, which works very well for me. But i use it for testing only. The Win32 differences seems to ask for a real dev environment. Guess i was just shocked, or let’s say very surprised, about the drawing behavior from XOJO on Win32. The flicker stuff is one thing but this experience was a new eye opener. But i learned a lot today… so, was a good one.

New Version uploaded

Added:

1. SpinSlider (Radio Knob Slider) Canvas based
  2. Round Button (Value like CheckBox) (Radio Style) Canvas based

To add to this you can download test VMs from Microsoft here: http://dev.modern.ie/tools/vms/

These VMs are time limited, but until you can get a full copy of Windows they work quite well.

I believe the drawing will not be affected by a VM, and that is obviously where you want to do most Windows optimization.

The RoundSlider has a On/Off state and you can set properties for this states (color etc.).
It supports mouse drag, mouse wheel, keys (up,left,down, right, space, return).
Background & Knob can take a picture for on/off state.
Scale can be switched on/off etc.

Dear Stefan Welcker, I hope you’re fine. I’ve come across the app you made and I’ve downloaded it. I tested it on Windows 7 x64 with Xojo 2017r3 but it throws an error. I’ve captured the image and attached it on my google drive so that you can look at it perhaps you can help me out.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PsMf5IPeyH1C9dIWYuO7FQXPmXK1zgIm

Thank in advance.

Change the code from NewPicture to New Picture

NewPicture was deprecated

I’ve navigated the project as much as I can but I’ve failed to locate the “NewPicture” word in the code! Can can you please, help me further. I highly appreciate your support. I’m new in using Xojo.

Thanks

It says right in your picture where the offending code is.

You can also simply search for NewPicture.

If you don‘t know how to search then PLEASE read the free introduction book and do the tutorials. People here are VERY willing to help, but you need to put some effort in and learn the basics (like how to use the IDE).

Are you shure?

Then he has to change it. That’s why I don’t use non-commercial encrypted plug-ins - too much hassle in the long run …

Seems he last posted in March 2016 so it is unlikely he is still around.

I send him a pm

If the only issue is the use of deprecated NEWPICTURE, it is easy to fix

• create a MODULE
  • add a Method Called NEWPICTURE
Function NewPicture(w as integer,h as integer,depth as integer) as picture
return new picture(w,h,d)
End Function

The encrypted class should now call this instead… at least it has worked for me in the past

Nice one, Dave. Have to remember that.

But as it’s encrypted it is just a matter of time before something else breaks so you have to decide wether it’s worth the risk …

Good one Dave.

Alas for coding here. Depth & d aren’t the same.

Function NewPicture(w as integer,h as integer,d as integer) as picture return new picture(w,h,d) End Function

I’ve done as Dave S advised me but I don’t know what I’ve done wrong. Please, help me. I’m not a newbie in programming but I’m new in Xojo. Plaese, check the image below and advise me appropriately.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mwpkU3yGFB7Gzv1g7f5eiFJIrTGSsCNU/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance

Xojo adds the first and last lines for you… look at the pane to right of the editor