FileQuit does not appear

The option FileQuit does not appear in the File menu at runtime, although it is there in the IDE. Tried to add a new one one, same difference.

Also, seems impossible to delete an item in the menu bar.

Did I run into some bugs, or am I missing something ?

Any help will be appreciated. TIA.

Go to the menu editor.
Show the inspector then click on the Quit menu item in the editor.
When you click on the item in the menu editor what type is it ?

It should be a QuitMenuItem

[quote=40893:@Norman Palardy]Go to the menu editor.
Show the inspector then click on the Quit menu item in the editor.
When you click on the item in the menu editor what type is it ?

It should be a QuitMenuItem[/quote]

It is a QuitMenuItem. Actually, it is created as a default for any new project. I just created a new project called Test, and it is there. But if I run and click File, no menu box appears.

What OS are you on ?

On OS X Quit is not under the File menu.
It is moved & shows up under the Application menu (the one that has your app name as the title)

On Windows it will be under the File menu labelled Exit

10.8.5. But I am not referring to OS X. I am referring to menus created in the IDE together with a new project in Xojo R2 and 3.1.

Xojo creates MainMenuBar which contains FileMenu and EditMenu. In FileMenu, there is FileQuit which does not appear.

The other big issue I am encountering is that Delete does not work on menu items :frowning:

FileQuit does not appears:

I got that bug before Xojo (I think before Real Studio 2012), but that was a bug. Also, I never knew why, I suspected some weird Application running association.

To eliminate that, shut down your computer.
Then after a 30 seconds wait (drink a glass of milk), reboot,
When on the Finder, wait a bit (it you have open windows),
Quit any running Application(s) [if so, retart at the beginning of this step list)
Run the application that demonstrate the bug and look in the Application Menu if Quit xyz is here and if it works.

HTH.

[quote=40956:@Emile Schwarz]To eliminate that, shut down your computer.
Then after a 30 seconds wait (drink a glass of milk), reboot,
When on the Finder, wait a bit (it you have open windows),
Quit any running Application(s) [if so, retart at the beginning of this step list)
Run the application that demonstrate the bug and look in the Application Menu if Quit xyz is here and if it works.[/quote]

Same difference…

[quote=40896:@Norman Palardy]On OS X Quit is not under the File menu.
It is moved & shows up under the Application menu (the one that has your app name as the title)[/quote]

Allright. I finally understand. Although by default Xojo creates a MainMenuBar where FileMenu contains FileQuit, the real “Quit app” is created in the Application menu. So the FileQuit in FileMenu is just an artifact I should not care about. It will probably disappear one of these day in bug’s heaven.

Thanks

Keep in mind that several MenuItem subclasses are moved for you automatically at run-time so that they end up in the correct place for OS X apps: QuitMenuItem, PrefsMenuItem and ApplicationMenuItem.

Its unlikely it will disappear since its not a bug but this IS by design.
On Windows & Linux the Exit item should appear in the File Menu.
On OS X it’s relocated to the application menu at run time.
But if you dont have one in your project then it wont exist at all.

[quote=40999:@Norman Palardy]Its unlikely it will disappear since its not a bug but this IS by design.
On Windows & Linux the Exit item should appear in the File Menu.
On OS X it’s relocated to the application menu at run time.
But if you dont have one in your project then it wont exist at all.[/quote]

Allright. Thanks.