File Type mystery

I am finally updating my apps to 64 bit. I just downloaded the April 2018 version of XOJO. When I try to build one of my apps I get a duplicate name error as shown in the attached screenshot. I can’t figure out what I need to do to rectify the problem. Any ideas?

The image is not there (here).

Probably try to rename one of the properties.

Here’s the image:
ttpsoftware.com/png.jpg

Terrence that link results in a 404 not found

And its name is png.jpg ?

Sorry, this should work
ttpsoftware.com/ide.jpg

It’s hard to tell from this picture. Have you got multiple items named “text”?

Try renaming the filetypes to filetypes2 at the top right of the screen?

Terrence,
collapse all defined file types (screen center),
check if there is a duplicate name there,
else, follow Jeff advice above (FileTypes2 or FileTypes3 or…)

You can check what FileTypes(s) you have in the Navigation (leftmost part of the window).

Beside that, Jason is right: hard to tell, beside the error message tells you you have ywo times the same entry: FileTypes1.

I note that the highlighted text in the error message is “Fil”, FWIW.

Unfortunately Xojo seems to throw the “There is more than one item with this name…” error any time it gets the least bit confused, and the cause often has nothing to do with the name it is ostensibly complaining about. This was introduced with the new framework and NameSpaces; never used to happen in RS (or early Xojo IIRC).

Sorry this isn’t very helpful, but it’s just to say don’t take the error message too literally; cast a wider net.

Thanks everyone. I have checked and I don’t have two items named FileTypes1. I also tried renaming the item. I suspect the issue has something to do with Julia’s post since this didn’t occur until I recently updated XOJO. I’ll have to do some more digging.