File permissions modified during CopyFilesStep

I’ve just noticed an oddity with the results of a CopyFilesStep under 15r3 and 15r2.4 - the execute bit is being dropped from the files when they are copied into the app package.

I have 8 helpers that all have 755 permissions in their home folders on my build drive. The CopyFilesStep copies them into the project’s Contents/MacOS folder as expected, but the permissions are reset to 644.

Has anyone else witnessed this?

Hmm … it just uses ditto to copy them so permissions should be preserved

Just found it - it’s in the transfer through the remote debugger layer. The local app is correct, but the execute bit is stripped off on the remote end.

ah zipping may indeed do that

That’s funny. I’ve noticed exactly the opposite problem. I had a bunch of CMap font resources that are not executable, but in my OS X package, they are, causing RB App Checker Lite to report hundreds of executable in the wrong place.

Ditto can create Zip files which preserve the permissions, xattrs & ACLs (the latter two should burn in hell).

How are you creating the OS X package?

We do NOT use ditto to create ANY zips
So thats not relevant here
We use it to COPY files as part of the copy file step on OS X and it is done in a way that all ACL’s etc should be preserved

Sorry; I should have been clearer.

I had this situation when I would check the app right after building, and also after signing the package with a script I created using App Wrapper Mini. Now that I’m using App Wrapper 3, the problem is gone…

[quote=224459:@Peter Truskier]Sorry; I should have been clearer.

I had this situation when I would check the app right after building, and also after signing the package with a script I created using App Wrapper Mini. Now that I’m using App Wrapper 3, the problem is gone…[/quote]
I bow my head in shame and humbly apologize…