FGSourceList: Strange background color?

Hi all,

First a bit about my development environment: I’m using Xojo 2015R4 on Mac OS X El Capitan with latest updates, on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) with 8 GB RAM.

I’m trying to implement the FGSourceList control by Gary Pettet in a project. But when run or compiled, the background of the control is a weird pale yellow/orange color. This also happens, when running the demo-project that came with the control.

Screenshot here…

Gary made FGSourceList freely available on GitHub recently (see link above), along with two other awesome controls, and I can see he updated it 29 days ago. So I downloaded the newest version, but the background is still wrong.

It seems to work fine in Xojo 2016R2.1 but I only have a license for R4, and can’t afford an update right now.

I’m by no means an experienced Xojo developer - I’m getting better, but still learning - and I’ve spent a lot of time, trying to get it working. However, my abilities reaches no further, so now I call upon the experts, and any help will be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

I’d really like to use this control, but if not, is there a similar control, that perhaps work under this older version of Xojo?

Thank you all in advance,
Thomas

Look in Constants. There are many colour related items there.

I’ve seen the inspector values get mangled when going from one project format to another.Select the control in the IDE and take a look through the inspector values. Likely you’ll see some that look like no color is set but if you click the colorwell you’ll see that it is neon green or some odd yellow.