feedback utility not working on linux mint 18.2 64bit with xojo2017r3

can’t seem to get feedback utility to run

if i run xojo from the command line i get a clue as to the problem and am hoping someone here can help fix
the following commandline output is from me opening a project and then hitting the feedback button several times
let me know…
thanks,
Jeff

jeffob@obrienE5450 ~/xojo2017r3 $ ./Xojo
libocci.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory[XOJO] Unable to load plugin OraclePlugin.xojo_plugin

(Xojo:8509): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_menu_attach_to_widget(): menu already attached to GtkImageMenuItem
Feedback: /build/libproxy-GmlAuu/libproxy-0.4.11/libmodman/module_manager.hpp:58: std::vector<T*> libmodman::module_manager::get_extensions() const [with T = libproxy::network_extension]: Assertion `obj != __null' failed.
Feedback: /build/libproxy-GmlAuu/libproxy-0.4.11/libmodman/module_manager.hpp:58: std::vector<T*> libmodman::module_manager::get_extensions() const [with T = libproxy::network_extension]: Assertion `obj != __null' failed.

Is this about Feedback or Xojo? The title says Feedback, but the description is about Xojo.

It’s saying you it can’t find the Oracle lib (client), you can try moving the Oracle plugin from plugins folder and trying again. I remember something like this happened before, perhaps in RealBasic?

If it works and you don’t need Oracle then you can work without the plugin. If you need Oracle, then install the client.

it is about feedback utility which i am trying to launch from the feedback button in Xojo

dunno what to say
I didn’t have feedback installed on my mint 18.2 64 bit vm
clicked feedback in 2017r3 and it said feedback was not installed (which was correct)
so and I went through the Debian install and installed it
when it was done I brought the ide to the foreground again
clicked feedback and logged in

Norm, i downloaded the feedback.deb package and then ran "sudo dpkg --install Feedback.deb "
is this what you did?
Jeff

norm, if you launch xojo from the commandline do you get the oracle plugin error that i get and the GTK error? see above
Jeff

nope
clicked the feedback item in the IDE toolbar
the ide said “feedback isnt installed would you like to install it”
I clicked yes
it took me to the right place & I downloaded the deb which then installed (I didn’t have to do anything really)
went back to the IDE once that was installed & clicked feedback again and it asked me to sign in and off I went

[quote=363783:@Jeff O’Brien]norm, if you launch xojo from the commandline do you get the oracle plugin error that i get and the GTK error? see above
Jeff[/quote]
just the Oracle one but that one I expect

I my 64bit Ubuntu 16.04 all I get is the message ‘cancelled’

[quote]axel@axel-Latitude-D430:~$ /opt/xojo/feedback/Feedback
Abgebrochen
axel@axel-Latitude-D430:~$[/quote]

maybe my problem is the htmlviewer in gtk3 that crashes (hard) when using “http://”
I can show local files only (“file://”)

so i removed the feedback dir in /opt/xojo
now xojo says not installed
i click install and it takes me to https://www.xojo.com/download/extras.php
i click the debian linux link and download
what do you do next?

ran the installer as the same user I was already logged in and then went back to the IDE

http://great-white-software.com/miscellaneous/FeedbackInstall.mov

and make sure you’ve followed the guidelines
http://developer.xojo.com/system-requirements$64-bit%20Configuration

Thanks Norman! I will give it a whirl today sometime
i have already run this and you can see the results

jeffob@obrienE5450 ~ $ sudo apt-get install libgtk-3-0:i386 libwebkitgtk-3.0-0:i386
[sudo] password for jeffob: 
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
libgtk-3-0:i386 is already the newest version (3.18.9-1ubuntu3.3).
libwebkitgtk-3.0-0:i386 is already the newest version (2.4.11-0ubuntu0.1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

also interesting is this
if i try to launch Feedback with sudo from /opt
see results below followed up by trying to launch with out sudo which yields a dialog box saying “Feedback cannot be launched twice. The currently running copy could not be contacted.”
then i run ps auwx | grep Feedback
but there is no feedback running
see below. hopefully some of this will be useful

jeffob@obrienE5450 ~ $ sudo /opt/xojo/feedback/Feedback
Aborted
jeffob@obrienE5450 ~ $ /opt/xojo/feedback/Feedback
jeffob@obrienE5450 ~ $ ps auwx | grep Feedback
jeffob    4516  0.0  0.0  14224  1092 pts/0    S+   11:03   0:00 grep --color=auto Feedback
jeffob@obrienE5450 ~ $

Thanks again!
Jeff

I think I have sorted it out - there is something with the way that the application connects with the app resources / libs / etc. - Xojo itself comes on offer as a tarball download and it is all within one folder. Feedback spreads its resources that it needs between two system folders when installed. I contacted Xojo support and they have indicated that I may indeed be correct - not all desktop environs are compatible with the way the install for Feedback is set up, yet the same desktop environs work fine with Xojo :confused:

They are looking into this issue now that there are two of us on record with Feedback issues.

Great, Thanks!
keep me posted as to the work around or fix
once feedback is working i will put in a proper feedback case for the memory leak issue and if you are still having the issue you can add on to it as well
Thanks again
Jeff

did you ever get this to work? if so, how?
Thanks,
Jeff

[quote] Amy Barnes Dec 12 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Marietta, Georgia, USA.

I think I have sorted it out - there is something with the way that the application connects with the app resources / libs / etc. - Xojo itself comes on offer as a tarball download and it is all within one folder. Feedback spreads its resources that it needs between two system folders when installed. I contacted Xojo support and they have indicated that I may indeed be correct - not all desktop environs are compatible with the way the install for Feedback is set up, yet the same desktop environs work fine with Xojo :confused:

They are looking into this issue now that there are two of us on record with Feedback issues.[/quote]

Hi Amy,
I’m just trying for the first time to use Feedback and I have the same problem. Was this ever resolved?
Thank you,
Don

[quote=380143:@Don Jungk]Hi Amy,
I’m just trying for the first time to use Feedback and I have the same problem. Was this ever resolved?
Thank you,
Don[/quote]

An old adage is:
“Hope dies last.”

Unfortunately, the Xojo engineers do not love Linux that much …

[quote=380143:@Don Jungk]Hi Amy,
Thank you,
Don[/quote]
Have you run it from the command line to see if there are any errors? Also try running feedback using ldd to see if there are any missing dependencies?

Hi Greg,
Thanks for answering. Yes, I got the same error that was mentioned above:

Feedback: /build/libproxy-GmlAuu/libproxy-0.4.11/libmodman/module_manager.hpp:58: std::vector<T*> libmodman::module_manager::get_extensions() const [with T = libproxy::network_extension]: Assertion `obj != __null’ failed.

Don

Ok, so now open a terminal and type

ldd Feedback