Feedback startup trouble

I’ve got a problem running Feedback. In fact this has been going on for a long time, but I finally took a recording of what is happening.

Feedback Startup Trouble

Platform: Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit

I’m wondering if this is a problem with WebKit and perhaps something with javascript? Is there a place I can look for a log to see if an error is written out?

From terminal, I get the message:

kcully@kcully-samsung:/opt/xojo/feedback$ ./Feedback Segmentation fault (core dumped)

do you need downgrade ubuntu becasue xojo and realbasic is not compatible with this version i migrate to windows to continue working

I had a lot of trouble with Ubuntu 12.04 x86 in general (not just with Xojo), so I now use Ubuntu 12.10 x86 and both Xojo and Feedback work fine with it.

I’m waiting for the 13.10 version to be released before upgrading. However, wouldn’t the required versions of libraries to get Xojo working be the same, no matter what version of Ubuntu is running?

No other tips on getting this working?

On a side note, this is why I was asking if there was going to be a web version of Feedback. It’d be a nice secondary solution to getting Feedback working for me.

I’m no Linux expert, but I believe this was caused by a bug in a Linux library on 12.04 that was fixed in 12.10. We’ve updated Xojo to use a different library to avoid the bug, but Feedback has not been rebuilt with it.

Nothing easy.

• Run a VM with 12.10
  • Wait for the next Feedback update, but I have no ETA on that