Feedback runs on Linux!!!

If this was announced, I missed it.

FEEDBACK RUNS ON LINUX!!!

:slight_smile:

Not all linux. I still can’t make it run on Arch Linux though.

While Feedback is a 64 bit app on Linux Arch Linux isn’t on our supported list of distro’s
Nor are tiled Windows Managers

As a linux user, I always curious, what’s the different between distros except for DE and WM (and maybe CM)? IMHO, Arch Linux is a highly flexible distro. I can setup arch to mimick (if not to be the same as) Linux Mint. I’ve setup my system without any fancy UI to make apps run faster.

Tiling window manager only care about top level widget geometry and how to place them in the screen. So, it’s not a big deal.

I have to admit that one of the cons of arch linux is it’s a bleeding edge distro that can breaks system. But, as long as we concern about system upgrade, we can minimize it. In my experience, Xojo never breaks in my system.

If the bleeding edge is a big problem, so, what’s the different between arch and another bleeding edge distro e.q. fedora that supported by Xojo?

Strange, here on my Manjaro Linux (Arch-Based) it runs.

Extracted the RPM (via RPMEXTRACT) and after i click it - it runs.

Strangly on my openSUSE Leap 42.2 (where i installed it via the RPM) it doesn’t run.

It crashes shortly after the start. Seems something about the JVM (wich seems to be used by Feedback) is making Problems.

Still trying to track down that problem.

Have you tried installing feedback using debtap?

I’ll give rpmextract a try.

Feedback does not use a Java Virtual Machine if that’s what you’re thinking. Now it could be that you don’t have a compatible version of WebKit installed. Have you launched from the terminal to see what the errors are?

Hello,

Post the exact error Message (as Screenshot) of both OS Errors later when im back at home.

And yes tried lauchning from the Termina wich is why i think Java is involved.

It show the Following Message

/home/rlandscheidt/Feedback> ./Feedback
java version "1.8.0_112"
Java (TM) SE Runtime Enviroment (build 1.8.0_112-b15)
Java Hotspot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.112-b15, mixed mode)

(on Manjaro)

It must be something specific to your distro. Feedback is not built with Java, nor does it use JVM.

It’s really strange.

[quote=301273:@RenLandscheidt]Hello,

Post the exact error Message (as Screenshot) of both OS Errors later when im back at home.

And yes tried lauchning from the Termina wich is why i think Java is involved.

It show the Following Message

/home/rlandscheidt/Feedback> ./Feedback
java version "1.8.0_112"
Java (TM) SE Runtime Enviroment (build 1.8.0_112-b15)
Java Hotspot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.112-b15, mixed mode)

(on Manjaro)[/quote]
Are you sure that this is our Feedback application?

Yes. Im Sure.

Here are the Screenshots

1. (der Fehler auf OpenSUSE LEap 42.2)

(I’m Still Preparing to test this in a clean Installed VM with the Linux OS Version which show the “Errors” - which is why i haven’t prepared a Bug Report or something like that.)

Best Regards,

Ren Landscheidt

@NormanPalardy
Thanks for the Tip (I just kopied the URL form the Owncloud App (and the Images wouldn’t load so i removed them again))
with the /download

You can just wrrap images in an image tag rather than making everyone hit your server to download them
with the IMG tag like

[img]https://cloud.landscheidt.net/index.php/s/7ry96d6dyixONhR/download[/img]