Feature Request for SSH Sockets

In case you are interested in the feature request for SSH v1/2 Client and SSH v1/2 Server sockets.

<https://xojo.com/issue/17362>

This was originally opened by another member, but I applied additional details to this request.

Please vote for it if you are interested in using your points towards an SSH socket implementation.

I think this is clearly not a key feature for Xojo. (in my opinion)

Maybe we talk directly about writing a custom plugin for that, if you need.

[quote=146702:@Christian Schmitz]I think this is clearly not a key feature for Xojo. (in my opinion)

Maybe we talk directly about writing a custom plugin for that, if you need.[/quote]

I disagree completely (about not being a key feature).

However it would be a nice addition to your network plugin if you would add SSH server socket capabilities to go along with the network plugin’s SSH client capability.

you think Xojo should support writing a SSH server out of the box?

Yes yes I do hence this Feature Request addendum. :slight_smile: I think at a minimum since SSH Servers is a vast beast, SSH Client should be part of the framework.

Note to Point out: The MBS Network Plugin implementation of SSH Client uses LibSSH2 which is excellent since that is a very active C project that regularly updates their code based on security vulnerabilities.

I am a fan of options. Having multiple plugins (libraries for other languages) and/or native controls is a good thing.