False errors?

Porting an existing xojo module from desktop to ios I am running into a strange oddity - at some point it raises a senseless error like in:

Dim offset As Integer = 24 Error: This item does not exist.

This is just not making sense to me: am I missing something important here?

If I remove this statement then it reports another similar error in the same method.

If I remove the entire method then it reports a similar error in another method that was just fine before…

And so on.

Is this only me or a know issue in 2015.r1?

Perhaps something in the Module definition is incorrect and maybe using something from the desktop framework that is not available for iOS? Can you post the module that is causing the problem?

Would Offset be a reserved word ?

No.

I’ve sent the module to you by email. I am not sure to understand what you meant by “Module definition” as it’s just a plain module inserted into a brand new iOS app. As far as I understand it, it’s not using any destop legacy code as the destop was first ported to xojo.Core. If I had made such a mistake then I would get an explicit error that would make some sense. Here the error seem erroneous and quite random. And it occurs only after the module reaches a certain size…

The strange errors seem to go away if you remove the Super.Constructor call in MongoClient.Constructor. Perhaps it doesn’t have a Constructor (or a public Constructor) for you to call, although I’d expect an error about that.

[quote]@Paul Lefebvre The strange errors seem to go away if you remove the Super.Constructor call in MongoClient.Constructor. Perhaps it doesn’t have a Constructor (or a public Constructor) for you to call, although I’d expect an error about that.
[/quote]
Interesting - in the desktop module MongoClient is sub classing xojo TCPSocket class and when you do this on a desktop project xojo inserts this Super.Constructor call automatically for us. In the iOS project it is sub classing xojo.Net.TCPSocket instead. Reading the documentation once again (http://developer.xojo.com/tcpsocket) nothing is said about a constructor here therefore this call was clearily a porting error. Thank you for finding it so quickly. Maybe a better error message pointing at the missing super class constructor would be a good idea for a next release?

Wasn’t there a request long ago that all the built in classes should have a Constructor, even if it’s a dummy one?

But at least Compiler should report with right error.