ExternalAccessory.framework

you’ve never used, or heard of, ioslib or ioskit ?
both are full of pretty much nothing but declares

or jean paul devulders dtplugins for iOS ?
again ALL iOS declares

Of course. What is new to me is the ability to call into a dylib. That opens a whole new world of perspectives.

I was under the impression from previous discussions that dynamic libraries were not supported.

what else would a declare on iOS call into ?
the system frameworks are dylibs

Norman, I got the strange impression that you are not pleased by this discussion.

Two years ago, there was discussion about dynamic libraries, and if I recall correctly, you said they were not supported. You never hinted it would have been possible to call into them.

I may not be as competent as you to know it would have possible to declare into them pretty much the same way as into a DLL on Windows.

Ignorance is not a sin, is it ?

[quote=314075:@Greg O’Lone]Here’s the code I used for the Reveal framework at one point:

#if DebugBuild Declare Function IBARevealLoggerGetLevelMask Lib "@executable_path/libReveal.dylib" () As Int32 Call IBARevealLoggerGetLevelMask() #endif

and the libReveal.dylib was copied into the bundle before the Sign step with a destination of “App Parent Folder.”[/quote]

@Greg O’Lone did you build an app using Xcode first in order to get that dylib file ?

EDIT:
Nevermind, I got my answer here: http://support.revealapp.com/discussions/questions/59651-where-is-librevealdylib-in-20-version

I was able to use libReveal.

However adding another library and building the app (not Run) resulted in the following Linking Executable error :frowning:

[quote=314750:@JrmieLeroy]I was able to use libReveal.

However adding another library and building the app (not Run) resulted in the following Linking Executable error :([/quote]

Try making it a soft declare.

Already tried and it doesn’t build

EDIT

If I only have this declare it builds:

soft declare function sharedSDK lib libFabric (clsRef as ptr) as ptr

But the library also needs this declare which doesn’t build:

soft declare function with_ lib libFabric selector "with:" (clsRef as ptr, kitClasses as ptr) as ptr

So it seems that a soft declare with a selector isn’t a soft declare

[quote=314750:@JrmieLeroy]I was able to use libReveal.

However adding another library and building the app (not Run) resulted in the following Linking Executable error :([/quote]
And your CopyFileStep puts your dylib next to the app?

If I debug the app the framework is loaded and it works
If compile it the liker raise and error: ld: framework not found @executable_path/sampleFramework.framework/sampleFramework

Have you unzipped the bundle to see if your frameworknis actually there?

in the “debug” app is there.
I can’t see in the for the build app since Xojo create the Folder (build - app name/iOS/) but it is empty.