Excluding content of properties from search. Possible?

I’m making extensive use of SVG Data put into properties for one project. Works perfectly fine, and I’m very happy but I just run into one issue. Searching in the IDE is now freezing the IDE for a few minutes after having typed the first character …

I do know that I could load the SVG data from file, I do know that I can specify what the search should be looking for, but I think it would be great to be able to specify if the content of properties / constants could be excluded from a search.

My question: is this perhaps already possible, and I overlooked something?

I don’t have an answer for your specific question (sorry), but perhaps you can try a workaround: type somewhere else (e.g. in TextEdit or in the IDE) what you want to search, copy it and paste when you want to search. That way, there’s not a “first typed character”.

1 Like

yes - thank you, that’s what I am now doing for this specific project, but it not ideal :wink: . Funny side fact: in over 15 years I have never realised that the search is parsing the content of properties.

You can also set Preferences to only start a search once you press return.

1 Like

Ha! I was sure that I overlooked something. Thank you! It took me already a while to realize that the search was the issue :slight_smile: .

Screenshot 2021-02-09 at 14.38.03