Exception db.Connect

How I do this ? It is not working when maindb.Connect is Nil exception …

It is in the open event of a window.

If maindb.Connect then

CreateStatusLabel.text = ("Banco de Dados PRINCIPAL conectado.")

else

CreateStatusLabel.text = ("Banco de Dados PRINCIPAL NO conectado. Crie ou conecte.")

end if

Exception err as NilObjectException

CreateStatusLabel.text = (“Banco de Dados PRINCIPAL NO conectado. Crie ou conecte.”)

mainDB is an Object
If you have not created an instance using NEW then it is Nil

I would suggest reading the various user guides & possibly the tutorials specifically chapter 4 of the User Guide - frameworks book available for free from http://www.xojo.com/download/extras.php

Norman, thank you. I think I missed something: I want to catch this Nil with the exception block. But it is not working. I do not know why.

If your application never creates one the exception will always be raised

I would not use a catchall exception like that
Maybe something like

[code]try
If maindb.Connect then
CreateStatusLabel.text = (“Banco de Dados PRINCIPAL conectado.”)
else
CreateStatusLabel.text = (“Banco de Dados PRINCIPAL NO conectado. Crie ou conecte.”)
end if

catch err as NilObjectException
end try
[/code]

Worked. But I can not make it work when debugging. Compiled version works just fine. That’s normal ?

I did this … not sure if the pragma is the right place… but it is working now in the debugg.

#pragma BreakOnExceptions Off

Try
If maindb.Connect then

CreateStatusLabel.text = ("Banco de Dados PRINCIPAL conectado.")

else

CreateStatusLabel.text = ("Banco de Dados PRINCIPAL NO conectado. Crie ou conecte.")

end if

Catch err as NilObjectException

end try

In debug mode the application will stop on the exception BUT you can just hit resume
I find it a useful way to make sure that my application ha handled the exceptions that I know are going to be raised

Thank you Norman.

Set db.MultiThread = False