basically I have a quite simple task: write some values to an excel-file. But there’s a problem:
- my app must run on a Citrix-Server, where no Excel is installed, so no OLE!
- the excel-file is an *.xlsm (with makros)
I (my customer) have licenses for MBS-plugins and libxl, but libxl doesn’t work. According to the website, libxl can work with .xlsm, but even when all my code does is
the xlsm-file gets corrupted (size goes down from 1.36 to 1.01 MB) and the makros don’t work anymore.
The support for libxl seems to be non-existant, I sent them example-files and got NO reaction at all in over two months. Also no replies to mails.
Does anyone know an Excel-plugin that works with current Excel-XML-formats? It doesn’t need to know about makros, but it should simply leave the parts of the XML it doesn’t know about INTACT and not delete anything.
I don’t know if it is any help, but the .xlsx, .xlsm and other current Office types are really .zip files, with most of the content being held as xml. This may be a useful, or the lid of a can of worms, it’s just a bit of trivia I was once told and have had no use for until now
A little more feedback for you. We use libxl with MBS plugins also and have not had this issue. However, the Excel files we are creating contain just data and no formulas or macros.
I sent Christian (at MBS) a request to add a an “auto fit” option because libxl did not currently support it. He sent an email to the folks at libxl and they eventually responded about a month or more later and said they had added it to their library. Tested it and it worked.
You might try going through Christian since he has been extremely responsive to our needs.
I sent Christian (at MBS) a request to add a an “auto fit” option because libxl did not currently support it. He sent an email to the folks at libxl and they eventually responded about a month or more later and said they had added it to their library.<…>.[/quote]
Oh, that was you! It came in very handy for me and just at the right moment. Thanks a lot!
Please email me a sample file with macros, so I can verify it and complain about at libxl support.
Or maybe find a workaround.
Example is on the way. I had sent the same to libxl support on 16.06.2014…
Okay. I got it. Seems like calcChain.xml part is not preserved and some things got escaped. We’ll see what Dmytro says.
Oliver … you’re welcome.
I can’t say enough about the support we have received from Christian at MBS. Almost made me want to root for Germany in the World Cup, but hey, I’m Red, White, and Blue through and through. Actually, I had predicted that Germany would hoist the cup before the games started.