Error when renewing license

Can’t renew my license, as I keep getting the following error on the xojo.com website after clicking the ‘purchase’ button:

Fatal error: Database error: “ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block” (0) SQL: SELECT nextval(‘error_log_id_seq’); in /home/website/xojo/www/source/lib.database.php on line 724

Anybody else? Tried 3 times and am about to give up…

Go ahead and give it another try.

Nope, same thing. I’ll try again in a few hours, as I want to make sure it’s not putting a ‘hold’ on my card each time I attempt to place an order and/or freeze my card for continuous suspicious usage.

This happens when you’re placing an order? I thought it was while trying to add the renewal to the cart.

And if you are still having trouble with ordering/renewing, feel free to contact customer service directly: custserv@xojo.com

This is after I click on the renew button under ‘licenses’, place my credit card information at the bottom of the page, and then click on the ‘place order’ button at the end of the page.

Ok, with that in mind, I see what went wrong. Should be fixed now. You’re welcome to wait, of course. But from where the error occurred, your credit card had not been sent to the processor yet.

Awesome, appreciate the quick assistance… will try again.