Erratic behavior of the Global Floating Window

Hello everybody,

I'm having a very strange behavior when I use [b]Global Floating Window[/b] in [b]10.10.2 Yosemite[/b], these windows should be on top of all the other, but in some Mac is and others do not, someone would have some explanation or solution to this problem?

Thanks for Any help !

Any workaround is welcome too.

Paulo, you need to describe more fully what is going on. I understand apparently your Global Floating Window is not always on top, but with which other applications ? For instance, I played with two programs, each using a GFW. As expected, they compete for attention. They remain on top of standard windows, but get on top of each other when the app activates.

If you could do a screen movie showing the issue, that would be great.

You can force an app to stay on top modal and deny other apps activation with activateIgnoringOtherApps in the deactivate event, but it is kind of rude to trap the user in your app.

I filed a bug report a while back about GFWs and menuHandlers, but this doesn’t quite sound like your issue?
<https://xojo.com/issue/21826>

Hi Michel Bujardet, I work with graphics programs from Adobe for example and in all cases when my program was in Carbon was always on top of everything and not cocoa.

But that on some machines is over and not others and so do not understand the erratic behavior.

[quote=179610:@Paulo Vargas]Hi Michel Bujardet, I work with graphics programs from Adobe for example and in all cases when my program was in Carbon was always on top of everything and not cocoa.

But that on some machines is over and not others and so do not understand the erratic behavior.[/quote]

Paulo, as you say it is erratic. When things are not reproducible, it is difficult to work around.

I understand that, thanks anyway Michel!