Endofline equivalent in IOS?

Saw a couple posts on this, but not sure I understood what the equivalent of endofline is in IOS or how to accomplish the same thing in IOS as the desktop.

You might want to check out this link: http://developer.xojo.com/migratingtonewframework

It specifically talks about EndOfLine and other equivalents.

Thank you Travis!

corrected link http://developer.xojo.com/userguide/migrating-to-xojo-framework

I used this:

Dim CR As Text = Text.FromUnicodeCodepoint(13)

for iOS is should be 10 (LF) not 13(CR)

which in the OLD framework was EndOfLine.Unix

Yes just confirming that in my experience it needs to be &uA or Text.FromUnicodeCodepoint(10) and not Text.FromUnicodeCodepoint(13).

for readability… I’d create a function or computed property named EndOfLine that returns the mentioned value

Function EndOfLine() As Text
return Text.FromUnicodeCodepoint(10)
End Function

Const EndOfLine = &uA
works just fine too

[quote=256482:@Norman Palardy]Const EndOfLine = &uA
works just fine too[/quote]

And is much more efficient.

…except that &uA doesn’t seem to work inside graphics.drawTextBlock commands. Whereas Text.FromUnicodeCodepoint(10) does.

Bug report?

I stand a bit corrected - I had understood that you could add &uA as a constant value but I was wrong - so const Endofline = &uA does in fact work - but it is then only local to that method so not that convenient or efficient. Whereas Dave S’s function creation (using either version) would seem a lot more convenient.

Here is something that Norman (or someone else) may be able to confirm or deny…

Does “Xojo for iOS” recognize standard Unix escape sequences?

\
 \\r \\t

etc? This is the method that is reccomended for use in other iOS developement environments,

Does making it a global constant not work?

Edit: Confirmed it doesn’t

The best way to obtain the same result as a constant is to create a computer property without setter that returns &u0A.

Easy to add to a module.

You cannot make a constant in the IDE for non printing characters. There was a long discussion about the very issue of EndOfLIne in the beta forum about that in iOS, back in 2014 (I’m not getting any younger).