^_^ Emoticon little too smug?

I find the the emoticon :slight_smile: (^ _ ^) a little too smug looking. I think it’s the slant in his smile. Normally this is my go-to/default for a cheery/excited/gay smiley face but I feel like it sends the wrong “emotion” with its current image. Proper emoticon portrayal is important as its the best way to convey emotion in our text - i.e. sarcasm doesn’t read well over the internet :stuck_out_tongue:

It probably bothers me more than it should… *sigh

#FirstWorldProblems

so use :slight_smile: or :smiley:

Agreed. I write it out, then when I preview the post it feels so wrong :frowning:

[quote=124671:@Brock Nash]I find the the emoticon :slight_smile: (^ _ ^) a little too smug looking. I think it’s the slant in his smile. Normally this is my go-to/default for a cheery/excited/gay smiley face but I feel like it sends the wrong “emotion” with its current image. Proper emoticon portrayal is important as its the best way to convey emotion in our text - i.e. sarcasm doesn’t read well over the internet :stuck_out_tongue:

It probably bothers me more than it should… *sigh

#FirstWorldProblems[/quote]

You know, you could use an image, like this icon I fetched in the Fatcow collection, or devise your own…

Those just aren’t cheery enough for me :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=124677:@Michel Bujardet]You know, you could use an image, like this icon I fetched in the Fatcow collection, or devise your own…
[/quote]
Seems like a lot of work for an emoticon… maybe if I could save these to the editor for reuse~

Now if only you could right-click on an emoticon to find out what was REALLY meant.

‘smiley face so you won’t hit me because I called you fat but pretended it was just a happy little dig that wouldn’t hurt your feelings’…

or

‘You are stupid. This face was used instead of several words that the profanity filter wouldn’t allow’

or

‘Im actually confused, bordering on considering alcohol as a solution.
yes, the emoticon is actually one portraying anger or high blood pressure or something, but its too small to make out the details, and hey… everyone loves an emoticon, right?’

And at this point I added a wink, yet it shows up as Brock’s smug face - but back to front… go figure!

:wink:

[quote=124692:@Brock Nash]Those just aren’t cheery enough for me :stuck_out_tongue:

Seems like a lot of work for an emoticon… maybe if I could save these to the editor for reuse~[/quote]

A while ago I mentioned the Esotalk emoticon pack, but was quickly countered because some do not like emoticons. Just like Grouchy the smurf who could have said ‘I don’t like emoticons’. But I will post again the link to Wikipedia which shows what we are missing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:EsoTalk_emoticon_pack_v1.0.svg
It seemed possible to add that to the icon bar above the editor…

;^)