Einhugur Plugin Releases May 2017 and later

For Windows I would consider using xojo 2017R3 .

ok, using Xojo 2017R3 the TreeView control indeed doesn’t flicker.

Yes please when you can Bjorn.

Anyone know how to contact Bjorn regarding the Treeview plugin that still does not work with XOJO versions later than 2017r3 - flickering in Windows.

We have been patiently waiting for an update and are unable to update to the latest version of XOJO because of the Treeview plugin. At this point, if we can not be provided with a fix in a relatively short time period, we may have to find a suitable alternative.

TreeView is in fairly good shape regarding this and will come soon.

It will probably flicker when resized (not sure what Xojo did on this in DirectDraw but even if control has set that it wants all painting in WM_Paint then in their new versions on resize or move then Xojo will draw unwanted background first, at least on Plugin controls), other than that it looks promising that we will have it soon.

When quality of the Xojo for Windows releases is low then we cannot provide updates fast to broken technologies. (Note that I still cannot even compile 64 bit on Windows due to Xojo hard crash bug that they still have not fixed for 3 releases, which makes it really really hard to debug plugins as they need to be debugged 64 bit nowdays)

FWIW, I discovered that DateControl v 7.1 causes a hard crash in my Windows 64-bit application with 2018 R1.1. I reverted to DateControl 7.0.3 and it works again. Let me know if you need additional details.

Fix is coming Bob ! It has been fixed and deployed to user for testing which came out good so it should be pushed out before the weekend or at the weekend at latest.

Things like this that are already out for the new Xojo types is on highest priority so that whatever we have out is solid.

Thanks