Einhugur Plugin Releases (2022)

I think you mean Norman…

-Karen

1 Like

Thanks ! autofix always does this to me on this name !

Well, Norman has always struck me as normal. :slight_smile:

Really? The same Norman we’ve known for a over a dozen years? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly :stuck_out_tongue:

TreeView 9.3.2 is out

The TreeView Xojo control allows to display tree structured data in a TreeView control.

New in version 9.3.2:

• Fixed problem with letting the TreeView automatically switch between light and dark mode node icons on macOS systems.

TreeViewDarkModeWin
TreeView on Windows dark mode

More info at www.einhugur.com

1 Like

Color Management Plugin 2.6 and WindowSplitter 11.2.2 are out.

WindowSplitter 11.2.2 fixed Linux crash problem in certain situation’s.

New in Color Management Plugin 2.6:

• Added SystemColorProfile shared method to the ICCColorProfile class.
  • Added SystemColorProfilesFolder shared method to the ICCColorProfile class.
  • Updated the Little CMS library under the hood.
  • Added support for Apple Silicon iOS Simulator.

1 Like

ExcelReader 1.5 is out.

ExcelReader is Xojo Component read Excel documents in Xojo applications (xlsx files)

The ExcelReader can read basic data from the document and some formatting as well.

The ExcelReader requires the Einhugur e-CrytptIt Engine and TypeLib plugins.

New in 1.5:

• Added support for reading cells with Excel inline string tags.
  • Fixed issue in the example project.

1 Like

TreeView plugin 9.3.4 for Xojo, GraphicsFormats plugin 8.4.2 for Xojo and SearchControl plugin 3.6.2 for Xojo are out.

Changes in TreeView 9.3.4:

• Fixed issue with swapped meaning of Italic and Underline on TreeViewNodes.

Changes in GraphicsFormats 8.4.2:

• Fixed problem with libjpeg on the most recent Linux distros.

Changes in SearchControl 3.6.2:

• Fixed crash issue on Windows when having deep nested container controls.

GraphicsFormats supports:
PNG: 8 bit per channel, RGB or Gray, 16 bit per channel RGB or Gray, ICC Color profiles, alpha channels. File IO, String IO.
JPEG: 8 bit per channel, RGB or Gray, CMYK, ICC Color profiles. . File IO, String IO.
TIFF: 8 bit per channel, RGB or Gray, 16 bit per channel RGB or Gray, 8 bit per channel CMYK, 16 bit per channel CMYK, ICC Color profiles, alpha channels. . File IO, String IO.
TGA: 8 bit per channel, RGB, Alpha channels. . File IO, String IO.
HDR: RGBe → Which can be delivered in RGB 8 bits per channel, RGB 16 bits per channel or 32 bit per channel RGBf (float), File IO, String IO.
ICO: Mulitiple images within ICO file, File IO, String IO.
WebP: Lossy and Lossless codec, Alpha channels and no Alpha channels.
BMP: Can read all bit depts, and can read BMP’s with color palettes. Can read and write BMP’s with alpha channels (even if most programs do not support the Alpha channels for BMP)
GIF: Can read still and animated GIF’s. (writing not yet supported).

The RawBitmaps used in the GraphicsFormats plugin then can be used seamlessly with the Einhugur PictureEffectsRaw plugin for ImageProcessing, our PDF plugin for attaching images to your PDF documents, our ExcelWriter plugin and our Color Management Plugin.

The TreeView Xojo control allows to display tree structured data in a TreeView control.
TreeView on Windows dark mode

The SearchControl is a Xojo plugin control to represent search user interface functionality.

SearchControl dark mode on Windows 10, SearchControl dark mode focused on Windows 10.
SearchControl dark mode on Windows 11, SearchControl dark mode focused on Windows 11.

1 Like

SearchControl plugin for Xojo version 3.7 is out

The SearchControl is a Xojo plugin control to represent search user interface functionality.

New in version 3.7:

• Added BackTabKey to the SearchControl.SearchControlSpecialKey enum.
  • Added BackTabKey to the DesktopSearchControl.SearchControlSpecialKey enum.

SearchControl dark mode on Windows 10, SearchControl dark mode focused on Windows 10.
SearchControl dark mode on Windows 11, SearchControl dark mode focused on Windows 11.

2 Likes

Einhugur SVG Plugin 1.0.2 for Xojo and TypeLib plugin for Xojo 11.5.2 are out

Einhugur SVG Plugin is a Xojo plugin load and render SVG images.

Additionally to what is listed bellow then the plugin can rotate and scale the SVG’s before rendering them. And the plugin can recolour single color SVG’s.

Example of rendered SVG image using the plugin.

The library we use under the hood is work in progress and currently supports:

• Basic Shapes
  • Document Structures
  • Coordinate Systems, Transformations and Units
  • SolidColors
  • Gradients
  • Patterns
  • Masks
  • ClipPaths
  • Markers
  • StyleSheet

The library under the hood does not yet support:

• Text
  • Filters
  • Images

New in version 1.0.2:

• The ToRawBitmap functions now will throw OutOfMemoryException in out of memory conditions.
  • Slightly updated the lunasvg library under the hood.

New in TypeLib 11.5.2:

• All Constructors on the RawBitmap class can now throw OutOfMemoryException instead of silently failing.

More info at https://www.einhugur.com

2 Likes

I built version 12. Milestone 1 for the fpPlugin from Bob Delaney

Plugin download link
https://www.einhugur.com/Downloads/Plugs/fpPlugin.zip

Milestone one has:

• Windows 32 bit

• Windows 64 bit

• Windows ARM 64 ready (even if Xojo not ready yet)

• macOS Intel 64 bit

• macOS Apple Silicon

• A big number of memory leak fixes.

Auto generated documentation to show the syntax. (Am not sure his Global methods made it through there since Xojo frowned on those for long time so my Documentation tools don’t really know them, will revisit that later,).

Left to do (at least) before 12.0 final can come out:

• macOS legacy 32 bit build.
  • iOS Build
  • iOS Simulator build.
  • Linux 32 bit build.
  • Linux 64 bit build.
  • Linux ARM 32 build.

Link to the open source repo:
https://bitbucket.org/einhugur/fpplugin/src/master/

The work on this plugin is supposed to be community deed, and the plugin is open source and completely free.

7 Likes

I built version 12. Milestone 2 for the fpPlugin from Bob Delaney

Plugin download link
https://www.einhugur.com/Downloads/Plugs/fpPlugin.zip

Milestone two has:

• Windows 32 bit
  • Windows 64 bit
  • Windows ARM 64 ready (even if Xojo not ready yet)
  • macOS Intel 64 bit
  • macOS Apple Silicon
  • Linux 32 bit
  • Linux 64 bit
  • Linux Arm 32 bit
  • A big number of memory leak fixes.
  • Tackled over 150 warnings, some of which were actual issues.
  • Updated all the Example projects.

Auto generated documentation to show the syntax. (Am not sure his Global methods made it through there since Xojo frowned on those for long time so my Documentation tools don’t really know them, will revisit that later,).

Left to do (at least) before 12.0 final can come out:

• macOS legacy 32 bit build.
  • iOS Build
  • iOS Simulator build.
  • Tackle a lot more warnings.
  • Tackle more memory leaks.
  • Tackle issues which I saw the first time I saw the code but I forgot where.

Link to the open source repository:
https://bitbucket.org/einhugur/fpplugin/src/master/

The work on this plugin is supposed to be community deed, and the plugin is open source and completely free.

Other things:
I just realized this morning that there are two Matrix plugins, the one I had started salvaging was Matrix Plugin, but I will also salvage the Complex Matrix plugin (I know someone is waiting for that one). So I will probably slow the Effort on the Matrix plugin to get the Complex Matrix plugin started earlier.

Documentation, If someone knows some parts of the Bob’s plugins well and wants to fill out the documentation for that portion then let me know. I have no deep knowledge of his objects to be able to offer anything more than Auto generated documentation to show the syntax.

6 Likes

Speedy Björn strikes again ! :laughing:

btw, I’m not aware of evrything, but @Dana_Brown, why Björn is not labelled as mvp in the forum, for the many years of making xojo plugins

Not everyone wants to be an MVP … :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I built version 6. Prerelease 1 for the ComplexMatrix Plugin from Bob Delaney

Plugin download link
https://www.einhugur.com/Downloads/Plugs/ComplexMatrixPlugin.zip

6.0 Prerelease 1 has:

• macOS Intel 64 bit
  • macOS Apple Silicon
  • Windows 32 bit
  • Windows 64 bit

Pre-release 1 also corrected over some warnings and some memory issues.

Left to do (at least) before 6.0 final can come out:

• Linux 32 bit
  • Linux 64 bit
  • Linux Arm 32 bit
  • Add iOS build.
  • Add iOS Simulator build.
  • Add macOS legacy 32 bit build.
  • Tackle a lot more warnings.
  • Tackle more memory leaks.
  • Tackle memory clobbering issues do to legacy types.
  • Change syntax, so that no functions are in Global namespace. (Xojo has not allowed this for ever a decade,
    having things work still is not good input for the future lifetime of the plugin).
  • Put classes in namespace. (We really do not want to eat up namespace for common words like Matrix and Complex, so we will likely add the plugin name as namespace).

Link to the open source repository:
https://bitbucket.org/einhugur/complexmatrix-plugin/src/master/

4 Likes

Hi Bjorn,
I just downloaded the complex matrix plugin and it works for me!
my program compiled in ARM 64 bit and runs fine :slight_smile:

wonderful work
Jonathan.

1 Like

Complex Matrix plugin 6.0 final is out

You can find it in the open source section of the Einhugur web page:
https://einhugur.com/Html/opensource.html

ComplexMatrix Plugin is fork of Bob Delanay’s ComplexMatrix Plugin for Xojo.

We set up this project as community deed to ensure Bob’s work does not get lost and that it can work on future Xojo versions and OS’s.

Bob licensed his work as follows: *I am releasing fp Plugin without a restrictive license. It is unconditionally available for any use, but is without warranty.

The new plugin works on:

• macOS Intel 32 bit
  • macOS Intel 64 bit
  • macOS Apple Silicon
  • Windows 32 bit
  • Windows 64 bit
  • Linux Intel 32 bit
  • Linux Intel 64 bit
  • Linux Arm 32 bit
  • iOS
  • iOS Simulator (Intel and Apple Silicon)

The plugin is kept free for everyone and the source code is open.

New in the Einhugur version of the plugin:

• Added Apple Silicon build.
  • Added iOS build.
  • Added Linux Arm32 build.
  • Refactored much of the plugin fixing many memory leaks, memory clobbering and lesser issues such as warnings.
  • Refactored Plugin syntax to migrate away from the forbidden global namespace and to avoid hard to track bugs when types are auto casted and you do not know if plugin Global method got called or Xojo method.
  • Auto generated documentation to show the syntax.

I know many in the Xojo community are tired of syntax changes. But there was no way I was going to put all this work into this and keeping it with deprecated and frowned on Global methods that were deprecated 10-15 years ago, keeping it liability. And there were also cases where some of them caused issues in mixing with Xojo’s methods.

Other notes
I cleaned up and fixed as much as I could, memory leaks, memory clobbering due to incorrect use of Xojo API, warnings, so this project can also help people as reference when making plugins.

On Windows build there was 1 warning left…This warning is actual error, but the intent of what how it was supposed to work is not clear so it cannot be fixed without knowing more.

On macOS there are still 40 warnings, left, I was just to exhausted to work more on it. I know though at least 2 of those warnings are actual errors. Where the intent of how it should have been could be hard to know.

Errors, memory leaks and memory clobbering were largely found by unwinding the massive amount of warnings then issues present them self’s, once your no longer immune to looking at the warnings due to high number of them.

5 Likes

I’m always impressed by your dedication to not only your customers, but other users in general.

Your plug-ins are a MUST BUY for any Xojo user interested in cross-platform apps, but even if you develop for just one platform getting them is a no-brainer.

MBS might be much bigger, but it is more Mac centric than cross-platform and more expensive.

8 Likes

fpPlugin 12.0 final is out

You can find it in the open source section of the Einhugur web page:
https://einhugur.com/Html/opensource.html

fpPlugin is fork of Bob Delanay’s fpPlugin for Xojo. We have modernized, fixed bugs and added platforms to the plugin.

We set up this project as community deed to ensure Bob’s work does not get lost and that it can work on future Xojo versions and OS’s.

Bob licensed his work as follows: *I am releasing fp Plugin without a restrictive license. It is unconditionally available for any use, but is without warranty.

The new plugin works on:

• macOS Intel 32 bit
  • macOS Intel 64 bit
  • macOS Apple Silicon
  • Windows 32 bit
  • Windows 64 bit
  • Linux Intel 32 bit
  • Linux Intel 64 bit
  • Linux Arm 32 bit
  • iOS
  • iOS Simulator (Intel and Apple Silicon)

The plugin is kept free for everyone and the source code is open.

New in the Einhugur version of the plugin:

• First version that Einhugur builds.
  • Fixed many memory leaks around string handling.
  • Fixed many memory leaks around Exception handling,.
  • Apple Silicon build now works.
  • Added iOS Build.
  • Added Linux Arm32 build.
  • Added auto-generated documentation to show the syntax. (Platform info on global methods is incorrect in the docs. Did not want to spend time filling that out since global methods will be re-factored out soon)

I ran a bit out of time for now so I did not do perfect refactoring and fixing like in the other plugin (Only did partial).
So remaining things will have to wait until version 13. or in incremental releases between 12 and 13.

Issues that will be targeted later at version 13, or in incremental releases:

4 Likes