education in uganda today

its really interesting that the Uganda teachers association in Uganda are calling upon all primary and secondary teachers of government not to start the schools activities until government increase their salaries, for sure Uganda now lacks fund on education departments in terms of salaries country wide since the withdraw of donors…i call upon the teachers to dare with the situation.

Wooow…. Isn’t that spam?

ya we need some views on how to attract teachers to love their jobs and of course professions…

At least move this to off-topic. It’s hardly a forum issue.

No, I did a quick google search and found out that Pius Loupa is very concerned about teaching children in Uganda receiving the proper teaching. I also agree that this thread should have a better reading position in the “off-topic” forum.

My home is in Botswana, did enter black townships in South Africa myself (without any bodyguards or camera crews) and saw the streetkids in Moambique. Anywhere in the world, parents are concerned about their children. Even with the few resources they have, they try to make a living, so their children have a better life than they have.

Education, healthcare is a base right for every person on this planet. Nowadays nobody has to go with an empty stomach to bed. However because of the greed of people, this is a goal still not accomplished. It is also not a priority for Western European or US governements. On the contrary, those governements are using this in their own advantage. Cheap (slave) labour, child labout, very harsh condtions to work in, poor people not even get paid for their work.

Go to Africa and go outside the tourist ereas. Take a look in a black towship in South Africa, go to Moambique and see the streetkids yourself (some are even only 3 year). Watch the missery of all those people infected with HIV, ebola, malaria and many others.

A vaccin against malaria only cost 5 euro. Therel are anti-venom vaccins for various poisoned snake bites. Nobody has to die of a snake bite, hiv, malaria because all these can be resolved… when you have money.

I ask you, why are there still people diying of malaria, hiv and snakebites? Is it so much to ask from all those westeners who get their wealth from the African continent, to use part of their wealth to save poor peoples live? why is it for them much more profitable to just get rid of a sick worker than to care for them?

To give you some background information about us, before being accused to be a spammer myself.

My Motswana wife and myself (a Belgium citizen) we are operating a 16 hectarer bio fuel / food crop plantation in Molepolole in Botswana. Besides Jatropha we are also growing water-melon, sugar cane, maize, bananas and lemons. We value fairtrade very much and despite our workers have to work in very harsh and dangerous conditions, their safety and welfare is our highest priority. For example, someone getting sick is not loosing his work or is forced to work. We also have emergency procedures for bites of poisoned animals and even respect those poisoned creaters by moving them to other ereas.

Next time you go to the shops, can I ask you to spend a little more and buy fairtrade? At least you can be sure that all the people involved in bringing you the product you buy, received a fair priice for producing or creating it. Every single person who read this thread started by Pius Loupa can make a difference, we only have to want to!

To conclude my message here, I want to make clear that I do not want to blame anybody of those who read this message. When I succeed in let you think about this subject and how you can contribute to fairtrade, you already made me more than happy.

Remember alone we are small, but together as a team we are strong. One for all, all for one.

Thank you very much for your interest in this subject.

With respect,

Chris

inf act Chris my page members call off topic its important if am to involve them into such a striking matter in Uganda. for an example karamoja region in Uganda still remains a marginalized region country wide in the local community can not send children to school if their is no food at school… with increasing teachers strike how shall the region now send the children to school.
thanks loupa Pius
Uganda

[quote=35182:@Pius Loupa]inf act Chris my page members call off topic its important if am to involve them into such a striking matter in Uganda. for an example karamoja region in Uganda still remains a marginalized region country wide in the local community can not send children to school if their is no food at school… with increasing teachers strike how shall the region now send the children to school.
thanks loupa Pius
Uganda[/quote]
While I wish you well in your efforts… you do realize this is a forum for a programming environment called Xojo, right? :slight_smile: That’s why it should be in Off-Topic. Good luck.

Dear Pius Loupa,

The children in Uganda should be very glad they have such an involved person like you fighting for their basic rights. I am very symphatic to your cause because I also experienced these problems myself.

However like Gavin Smith pointed out, this is forum for people communicating about Xojo. In the Off-Topic section, your message should be more visible to a broader audience. Up until now, I never visited the “forum issue” section because I have no issues with the forum. You are spreading a very important message, but I am afraid it is in the wrong place. But maybe not…

Xojo is a free development tool for non-commercial purposes. Only when you need to build runtimes you need a license. Is such a free development tool not usefull in those schools of Uganda? Isn’t it possible for local communities to bond with communities in Europe, the USA or other regions in the world? So when that is possible, schools adopt each others and support the local African community they bonded with.

I can only speak for Belgium because that is my country of origin. But villages in Belgium bond with local communities (villages) all over Africa. When they bond, they visit those African villages and see the needs of the people. Then they start filling in those needs by building schools, drilling water wells, assist by farming and many other things. When you speak with the people involved, you are surprised by their commitment, their motivation.

You need to reach the correct audience for your cause. Only in that way you can make a strong impression and solve your very valid case. The Xojo forum is simply not the best place to solve your case.

I do not know if you ever heard about “Solidaridad” a fairtrade organization operating over the whole African continent. This is their website for your part of Africa (central and eastern Africa). : http://solidaridadnetwork.org/eastcentralafrica

You should contact Solidaridad and find out how they can help you. Besides Solidaridad there are many other humanitary organizatons active in Africa like “Hands at Work” and others.

For every problem, there is a solution, people only have to find or see it. Maybe I gave you insights here, which you did not even think off. I believe you should at least investigate these suggestions.

Wish you very much success and hope you will succeed in your struggle for a better education for the children of Uganda and a better life for everybody.

Greetings,

Chris

I HAVE GOT YOU RIGHT NOW THANKS TO U WELL

Mostly the greed of African people. Corruption is endemic and a LOT of help disappears.