EasyTCP gives Non-Existant Local Address

Hello all.

For some reason, using EasyTCP give a wrong LocalAddress. The address it provides is 192.168.56.1 That is not on the list provided by the router, and is not possible (at least I do not think so) to connect to my network which is 192.168.1.1 for router…

What could I be doing wrong, or is this a problem with Xojo? I am using 2017R3 compiled to windows 32 bit console app, running on windows 10.

Ideas please…

Thank you,
Tim

I just checked from home, which is on a completely different network using 192.168.0.1 as the router, the same LocalIP is provided as 192.169.56.1.

This really makes no sense. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,
Tim

Using a new Instance of NetworkInterface yields the same result - same IP. This is really really strange.

Dim n As NetworkInterface = System.GetNetworkInterface(0)
  Print "Network_Interface = " + N.IPAddress + "  " +  Tbl + ".Connected_EventHandler LINE "

I don’t see a way there can be the same local IP on two different networks with different address setups 192.168.1.n VS 192.168.0.n
Makes no sense…

Ideas anyone??

Tim

Guessing. You quote 192.169.56.1 as well as 192.168.56.1. I assume the latter. Are you on a VM?

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=60074

Thanks for your reply Peter.

No VM. Same notebook machine. Two physically different locations - home and work.

Tim

Edit
I do have VMware installed however. Lemme see if it is running. Maybe that IS the cause! Thank you,
Tim

[quote=374811:@Tim Seyfarth]Using a new Instance of NetworkInterface yields the same result - same IP. This is really really strange.

Dim n As NetworkInterface = System.GetNetworkInterface(0)
  Print "Network_Interface = " + N.IPAddress + "  " +  Tbl + ".Connected_EventHandler LINE "

I don’t see a way there can be the same local IP on two different networks with different address setups 192.168.1.n VS 192.168.0.n
Makes no sense…

Ideas anyone??

Tim[/quote]
You’d need to check the network mask for one thing. They’re probably all 255.255.255.0 (or /24). But anyhow, it is certainly possible to have more than one local IP address. They can either be on different physical or different virtual network interfaces.

When looking at NetworkInterface, you should iterate through them all instead of just looking at index 0.

Thank you Peter.
Eventhough VM was not running, a component must have been - I thought I killed all components but still had the same problem. Following an un-install, that IP has disappeared!

@Greg - How to know which IP is really mine then? ie if there are 3 IP’s, which there probably was (one for wireless, one for wired and one for VMWare) how would I know which is really mine?

Thank you both!
Tim

They’re all yours. Each local IP address is used for accessing a different local network.