Easy Software Documentation

What is the best way to make documentations for software in Xojo. Please feel free to promote your own or someone else’s commercial or free tools for ONLINE and/or OFFLINE documentation. :wink:

I would like to use possibly something like wikimedia like Xojo does but I have no idea how to use Wikimedia and make professional looking pages. I am looking for a program that allows you to build Wikimedia websites, instead of writing code for it. I am not a big fan of writing code for this as it seems more convenient to use visual web design software. I do not mind designing my own set of webpages for documentation of my software.

Thanks in advance

Have you thought about using a web app backed by a database?

Ooh…sorry. For now, I do not want to be investing any money in the web edition of Xojo but thanks for the suggestion.

It may be good for me to use Microsoft Expression Web instead of Xojo web. As Expression is free.

Hello, Oliver!

You can try Helpinator (the tool created by me).

It has a lot of supported help and documentation formats, but for use with Xojo I recommend WebHelp (HTML + JQuery) or “Publish to Wordpress” feature if you have a website that is powered by WordPress.

Key pros:

1. Easy to use editor
  2. Built-in screenshot capture and annotations
  3. Built-in tutorial maker
  4. Built-in help and documentation templates
  5. VCS-friendly project storage, no need to check-in entire project file.

[quote=35220:@Dmitri Popov]Hello, Oliver!

You can try Helpinator (the tool created by me).

It has a lot of supported help and documentation formats, but for use with Xojo I recommend WebHelp (HTML + JQuery) or “Publish to Wordpress” feature if you have a website that is powered by WordPress.

Key pros:

1. Easy to use editor
  2. Built-in screenshot capture and annotations
  3. Built-in tutorial maker
  4. Built-in help and documentation templates
  5. VCS-friendly project storage, no need to check-in entire project file.[/quote]
    Thanks.

I use ScreenSteps to create my user documentation. Easy to use and many different output options: MS Word, PDF, HTML, Google sites with template, various blog formats.

Thanks for the suggestion.