Duet + Touch Bar

In case any of you are interested, duet Inc has cut the price of their Duet product by 50% with the announcement that they can now show a touch bar on your connected iOS device.

https://www.duetdisplay.com

Their site is unclear about touch “Interact with OS X like never before. The most advanced display for your Mac.”.

Do they refer to the touch bar, or does their software enable touch interaction with the rest of macOS ?

[quote=304488:@Michel Bujardet]Their site is unclear about touch “Interact with OS X like never before. The most advanced display for your Mac.”.

Do they refer to the touch bar, or does their software enable touch interaction with the rest of macOS ?[/quote]
That’s a good question. Since I’ve already got this, lemme go find out!

It seems only be an extension of macbook pro with a touchbar.
See this article http://www.macrumors.com/2016/12/20/duet-display-touch-bar/

But it’s interesting to transform a ipad pro to a second screen with touch (bar)…

It would be great to have touch to use the iPad simulator. Sure, one can put the software on device with XCode, but it takes longer than simply run.

Finally, I buy it to try. I connect my iMac (not my macbook pro with his native touch bar)… and… I have the touch bar on the iPad !!!
Without touch bar on my iMac… Very impressive… I’ll try the sample of Xojo Touch bar of Christian (MBS)…

And the sample Works :slight_smile: Nice !

[quote=304488:@Michel Bujardet]Their site is unclear about touch “Interact with OS X like never before. The most advanced display for your Mac.”.

Do they refer to the touch bar, or does their software enable touch interaction with the rest of macOS ?[/quote]
it is in fact a fully implemented touch bar. That’s kinda cool!

Cool, I predicted this already on the 27th October. :wink:
https://forum.xojo.com/36111-touch-bar-in-xojo

[quote]I was thinking.
Maybe that an app, like Duet, can add the possibility to let the iPad work as a Touch Bar.[/quote]

Awful website. No price shown, no store. No difference between standard and pro explained. The installer is as white in white as the website with the buttons having the same appearance as the large labels.

And the website says at every page “ex Apple engineers.”. That makes a difference!

Oh well. I’ve downloaded the app and will have a look.

[quote=304794:@Beatrix Willius]Awful website. No price shown, no store. No difference between standard and pro explained. The installer is as white in white as the website with the buttons having the same appearance as the large labels.

And the website says at every page “ex Apple engineers.”. That makes a difference!

Oh well. I’ve downloaded the app and will have a look.[/quote]
As I recall, the way you pay for this is by buying the iOS app.

I’ve been using Duet for a while as a second display for my MacBook Pro. I used AirDisplay prior to Duet and made the switch when I learned Duet uses the charging cable for data which results in a faster display rate.

The TouchBar thing is neat to see. I think it’s even cooler that Duet lets the iPad behave as a touch screen Mac!

That only can be priceless. If only in showing that touch with macOS is not irrelevant. Thank you Hal !

It is amazing. Using macOS with touch is quite possible, even with the current menus which are a tad too small for my fingers.

On the minus side, it is not possible to have a window on the two screens at the same time.

But this is way faster than what I tried before. Probably thanks to the cable connection.