dtPlugins IOS v1.60

From experience, I’ve never had much success in selling software via eBay. People there expect rock bottom prices and top tier technical support.

The last couple of transactions through eBay, we refunded the customers as it was too much work for too little money.

In my experience, eBay is not worth it. Amazon is not too far behind, but at least, it is a steadier flow. At least, for the Amazon MarketPlace where I sell packaged CDs. I have not yet looked into their App Store;

About refund, I find it to be the ultimate weapon against unreasonable customer demands.

“Nope, sorry, can’t do, read the web site, nowhere is it mentioned that it brews coffee and walks the dog. I am refunding your purchase. You will receive confirmation from Paypal by separate email. Please uninstall the software and remove all downloaded files you are no longer licensed to operate.
Thank you.”

To me, a customer who does not know how to distinguish between a normal commercial relationship about an inexpensive finished product, and demand for bespoke service, is simply not worth a minute.

I do not mind going extra for nice fellow developers who ask politely, and have gone out of my way to help some with RubberViews. But anything like innuendos that it is an entitlement, will trigger the toilet flush. I love it when such a brat comes back and I write : “Sorry, since our refund on XXXXX, our commercial relationship has ended. Please look for solutions elsewhere”.

Selling is not begging. Customer is usually right, but within the confines of politeness, and reason.

Google for “the customer is not always right” and you’ll find a lot of interesting reading.
The huffington post article has some fun tidbits.
The opening tale about Southwest is particularly humorous but illustrates the point very well.