Domain name of Xojo Cloud Server

Hello,

Is it possible to point a domain name on an application of a Xojo Cloud Server?
And if there are multiple applications on the same server?

thank you
olivier

You can ask your normal webhoster to have a domain point to the IP you got from xojo cloud.

Like this:

http://test.macsw.de/Infos/

where test.macsw.de points to my server.

Yes, ok, but if you have multiple web apps on the same server, and that each web app has its own domain or subdomain, this is the web server that distributes.

Crossed my mind too this morning also SMTP could be an issue too.

I would think you would need access to the web server configuration files in order to setup virtual hosts. I’m not sure what level of access is included with XC.

From the Xojo cloud FAQ

[quote]How do I configure my hosting settings?
There are no Xojo Cloud Server settings you need to configure. However, the few optional settings are available when you login to your account on our website.[/quote]

Not much help I would like a little more information. :frowning:

[quote]You can ask your normal webhoster to have a domain point to the IP you got from xojo cloud.

Like this:

http://test.macsw.de/Infos/ [/quote]

Web forwarding sucks… and is not SEO friendly. I would rather just point my domains at XOJO/RACKSPACE nameservers (If they have this option) alternatively ‘A’ record mapping.

I just created an A entry on name server to connect my subdomain to the IP of xojo cloud.

Xojo has not virtualhosting implemented. You could build your own virtual hosts in Xojo, if you use WebRequest.GetRequestHeader(“Host”).
Second way is to setup every App with different Port and use a proxy like nginx to route it internally.
Or you put every App in an iframe that points to the port of the App.

Yes. Go to the company that holds your domain name and create an A record pointing your domain at the IP address of your server.

We don’t offer SMTP. If you want the ability to do that, use a service like SMTP2GO or Mailgun.

We actually do (under the hood), but we haven’t finished the interface for it yet. The plan is to give you the ability to specify a domain name (in your control panel) and point it at a particular web app.

:slight_smile:

lol - as per usual everything released into production half finished. :slight_smile:

Have patience. As with everything, we have to draw the line somewhere. This is a 1.0 release and it will improve over time. Having the ability to specify a domain for each app was not a 1.0 goal.

The best part about Xojo Cloud is that improvements of this product don’t necessarily coincide with IDE releases. :slight_smile:

Thanks and fully understood.

Hey!

I have a question concerning Gregs post. I’m not too familiar with web technologies so this question might sound a little stupid.

[quote=71121:@Greg O’Lone]Yes. Go to the company that holds your domain name and create an A record pointing your domain at the IP address of your server.
[/quote]

I’ve done that, and I’m able to access the Server, but every time i want to start my App i have to call the following Adress: www.mydomain.com/myapplication/. Isn’t it possible to start the App directly by only calling www.mydomain.com?

Thanks!

Assuming you only have one domain you could just put a static index.html file at your root. Inside of it put:

This should provide the result you are looking for.

Ok, thanks! But how can I access the Server? As far as i know XOJO didn’t provide any login information to upload files outside of the IDE.

Hmm, I guess I can’t use an FTP client and have to use the XOJO Cloud File Manager project to upload files to the Server, right? So I start the File Manager, enter my XOJO password into the textfield, the file manager disappears and a “File Manager”-Button appears. I click this button and the password textfield appears again. I’m definitely doing somethin wrong :wink:

Unfortunately I’m not familiar with the file manager tool. I believe its another app you have to deploy to your server.

I figured it out. Thanks a lot for your help!