Does it work on a Raspberry Pi or other small computer?

It seems Limbo is only available for Galaxy devices but here is a “generic” every android device qemu emulator

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motioncoding.emulator

[quote=87565:@Matthew Combatti]It seems Limbo is only available for Galaxy devices but here is a “generic” every android device qemu emulator

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motioncoding.emulator[/quote]

Yes, I found it. Thank you. But… It is completely unusable : absolutely no documentation of any sort, just a childish video that explains nothing. The guys who put this together should be ashamed to place such a pile of cr@p. Worse yet, I could not find any assistance over the Internet. Dreadful no go.

Until someone with a minimum of ethics puts up a package with a reasonable way of setting it up, this is a waste of time and an insult to users intelligence.

There is NO viable emulator under Android at this time :confused:

What OS would you prefer to use (pick an open source or free one) I will rebuild the qemu source with “generic” Android device options into an APK file :slight_smile:

I tried another package with Ubuntu but it did not work as well. A flavor of Linux would make sense. Thank you Matthew.

So I discovered the reason limbo is no longer on the play store is because the developer made the project open-source and some then (mid 2013) it is ready for all Android devices (limbo is user friendly). I uploaded their latest apk to

http://www.xojodevspot.com/demos/arm-x86

The sdlapp.apk is qemu recompiled with sdl and you neglect that download as I’ll have to make a writeup for how it’s used (its not user friendly…some user file setup required…but its extremely fast). But if you download the other package it’s the latest limbo.

Amazingly when limbo was first released Windows 8 would have never loaded… but they’ve done some work as you can see it running here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZQ-xZfc8NA&feature=share&t=23m52s

I’ve tested their limbo package and it loaded my existing virtual hdd and OS successfully. It even has options so you can specify the memory allocation and core specs as well as 32/64 bit options.

I posted a YouTube video in there but all I see on my screen is a big empty white block. …

[quote=87659:@Matthew Combatti]I uploaded their latest apk to

http://www.xojodevspot.com/demos/arm-x86 [/quote]

Thank you. I am downloading it now.

Same here. But This happens to me all the time. I looked at the page source and the code is there, but nothing on the screen. I have set click to play as default (hate Flash harassment) , but even removing it does not help.

Limbo is just as inadequate as the other emulators. It requires the creation of a virtual machine, but then there is no way to set it up. I tried all the solutions available on the Play Store as well as this one to no avail. Qemu could be a good solution, implementation is pure and integral pile of *.

To make an image, obtain a bootable ISO of the OS you wish to install. Load the ISO file on your SD card.

1)Open limbo.
2)Under “loadVM” choose “new”
3)Name it.
4)Under CDrom choose the OS installer ISO.
5)Under hard disk A…choose new and create a “hard disk img”
6)Set any other cpu settings such as memory, or leave as default to start (can change them later if needed)
7) scroll to the top and click start.
8) the cdrom iso installer will begin installing the OS on the harddrive IMG we created in step 5.
9) after the os has been installed, and after the first time logging out, remove the iso from cdrom or it’ll attempt reinstalling every time you start the OS.
10) anytime you want to run the OS, open limbo and press start. .it will begin loading :slight_smile:

There are premade installed OS such as reactos, but the above method is the easiest to get "exactly what you desire (os, specs, etc). The IMG is created by limbo just prior to installing the OS. If installing x86 Linux you can also create hard disk B for the ext partition. … Otherwise it’ll add the partition to the main harddisk A (which is not a problem, but there may be a slight performance degrade).

[quote=88273:@Matthew Combatti]To make an image, obtain a bootable ISO of the OS you wish to install. Load the ISO file on your SD card.

1)Open limbo.
2)Under “loadVM” choose “new”
3)Name it.
4)Under CDrom choose the OS installer ISO.
5)Under hard disk A…choose new and create a “hard disk img”
6)Set any other cpu settings such as memory, or leave as default to start (can change them later if needed)
7) scroll to the top and click start.
8) the cdrom iso installer will begin installing the OS on the harddrive IMG we created in step 5.
9) after the os has been installed, and after the first time logging out, remove the iso from cdrom or it’ll attempt reinstalling every time you start the OS.
10) anytime you want to run the OS, open limbo and press start. .it will begin loading :slight_smile:

There are premade installed OS such as reactos, but the above method is the easiest to get "exactly what you desire (os, specs, etc). The IMG is created by limbo just prior to installing the OS. If installing x86 Linux you can also create hard disk B for the ext partition. … Otherwise it’ll add the partition to the main harddisk A (which is not a problem, but there may be a slight performance degrade).[/quote]

I will try that. Thank you.

Apologies I have been in and out the forums last few days…actually just noticed the PM message you sent me asking about setup…I didnt get an email notification for it :-/ if its been a day or 2, just throw me a “hello” to push the private message to the top of my list :slight_smile:

Its allright. I appreciate all the efforts you have made to help.