Does anyone recognise this as being theirs?

Hi,
I found this project file on my iMac, and have absolutely no idea where it came from?

Does anyone recognise this as being theirs?

No, but if it is public then I’d appreciate a copy :wink:

Nope.

Btw the toolbar seems like the one from Axel Schneider’s code snippet …

If you do “get info” on the project then maybe you’ll see the place you downloaded it from in the info window (if you are on a Mac).

If it was send by email then it might be worth to search for the file name on your computer. Also google for the file name.

Markus: How do you do that?

When I do a Command-I on a file downloaded that is not shown.

[quote=146897:@Jim Smith]Markus: How do you do that?

When I do a Command-I on a file downloaded that is not shown.[/quote]
It’s a spotlight tag, not every file gets one. I’m not sure if it’s set by the system or Safari.

[quote=146841:@Richard Summers]
Does anyone recognise this as being theirs?[/quote]

I get loads of emails like this from my kids’ school, mostly involving unnamed sports clothes & ties …

That’s from Axel Schneider.

Hi Richard,
Like Marcus, if it is public then I’d appreciate a copy :wink:
Thanks.
Lennox

I get loads of emails like this from my kids’ school, usually with a kids picture attached… I always deny they are mine.

David - this project file definitely didn’t come from your school :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

TextArea Project Link

Piooou, I can’t do a software like that, I don’t know any of the Declare.

I have question : In your code, in Menu Handlers “FilePDFPreview” you have :

if PDF_file <> nil then s = exportTextAreaAsPDF(fldText, PDF_file) PDF_file.Launch Return True else return false end if Return True
Why return False or True and then return True after the end if ?

And in general, as I never understood why return True or False in a menu handler.
The help says :
MenuItem.Action ( ) As Boolean
Fires when a MenuItem is selected.
Return True to prevent the menu event from proceeding any further in the chain of menu handlers.
But it doesn’t help me.

You can have a menu handler in one of three places, in a hierarchy of menu handlers: on the control itself, on the window, and in the app. They are called in that order. If the menu handler returns true, the calling sequence stops and no further action is taken. If the menu handler returns false, the next menu handler in the hierarchy is called.

So, to “handle” a menu, it isn’t sufficient to add a menu handler, you must also return True from it.

Ahhhhh ok. I knew I can put the menu handler in the App or in a Window (not in the Control itself). But I never put it at two places.

Ok I understand now, thank you very much.

I never wrote any return true/false in my code as I only put one menu handler in the App or in the WinMain. But I will add Return True. Thanks again.

I used before a Quit menu in which I wrote quit but I disable it ' quit. Then there isn’t any instruction in the Quit menu handler.
If I return True my App doesn’t quit, I have to return False. It seems normal as if it quit without any instruction, it’s because the quit is done somewhere.