Disable a window?

When I pop a progress bar window i suspected that the parent window would not be ‘accessible’.
However I can click on the parent window and my progress bar dialog looses focus and my main window becomes active.

I tried different things when I opened the progress bar window like
w.show
w.showmodal
w.showmodalwithin(w)

I was looking for a way to disable the parent window until the thread was done executing, but haven’t been able to.
Help?

Change the type of your popup window to one of the modal types, and use showmodal.

hmm… In the IDE I set the Modal Dialog… That worked pretty well but then my timer events that were to update the window… never seem to happen. Maybe because that parent window that was getting the timer events was disabled.

And I wanted the dialog centred in the parent and it wasn’t.

[quote=206753:@Brian OBrien]hmm… In the IDE I set the Modal Dialog… That worked pretty well but then my timer events that were to update the window… never seem to happen. Maybe because that parent window that was getting the timer events was disabled.
[/quote]
Yeah, the modal window has it’s own event loop which supersedes the calling window’s event loop. So make the timer a property of the modal window instead.

Use ShowModalWithin.