Determine Bundle Identifier?

Hi,
Does anyone know how to find out an app’s Bundle Identifier on macOS Sierra.
I need to find the Bundle Identifier for 2 or 3 NON-Xojo created apps which are installed on my system.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

You can use CFBundle or NSBundle.
I have classes for them in my MBS Plugins.
(Or you find declares)

I do not want to do this from within a Xojo app - I just want to find the Bundle Identifiers for certain installed apps.

[quote=301535:@Richard Summers]Hi,
Does anyone know how to find out an app’s Bundle Identifier on macOS Sierra.
I need to find the Bundle Identifier for 2 or 3 NON-Xojo created apps which are installed on my system.

Thank you in advance for any advice.[/quote]

sure … run them
start terminal
and use the lsappinfo command I just gave you removing the “wc -l” bit :stuck_out_tongue:

lsappinfo list | grep -v grep | grep bundleID

Or look into the info.plist file in the app.

Arghhhh - not those pesky jibberish commands again :frowning:
Thanks Norman (I think) :slight_smile:

quick
dirty
effective
& works

and if you’re not sure you can use
lsappinfo list | grep -v grep
which gives you a lot more info about them (like a nice long name)

[quote=301544:@Richard Summers]Arghhhh - not those pesky jibberish commands again :frowning:
[/quote]
Start terminal
Copy & paste the commands I wrote
Look at the list for the apps you’re interested in :slight_smile:

Thanks Norman, I was just joking with you.
I now have it all sorted.

Thank you for all your help - I really appreciate it.

Its when all those gibberish commands start to make sense & you go “oh yeah of course thats the way to do this” that you should worry :stuck_out_tongue:

or worse - you dont have to look at the man page to know how to use them :slight_smile:

I’m way more comfortable with the API way than shell commands that you must then parse.
Be it in my own apps or others, parsing often leads to incorrect offsets and you end up with garbage, thanks to padding and others “for best visual appearance on Terminal” arrangements. Either you must trim (but not too much, otherwise words become joined) or split&ignore blank strings (and remember at which “column” a blank string belongs to the current line, and count, and…)…
At that point, displaying to the user makes no sense and using the data for in-app use obviously leads to bugs.

Only when data isn’t an array may I find shell commands useful.