Desktop projects on Ubuntu 13.04

I’m trying to start the IDE on Ubuntu 13.04 x64 (I have installed the ia32-libs package). The splash screen and the “Project Chooser” starts fine, but when I try to open a Desktop project, or create a new one, it crashes. In the terminal it gives me the error “terminate called after throwing an instance of std::bad_alloc”. I can open a new Web Project or a new Console project, but not a new Desktop project.

Has anyone successfully opened a new Desktop Project on Ubuntu 13.04?

Do me a favor and launch it manually from the terminal so we can get the error message that occurs
I’m think I know what this is

Hi Norman

As I wrote in my original post, the error message in the terminal says “terminate called after throwing an instance of std::bad_alloc”.

Screenshot here:

This is when starting the installed .deb-package, but the error message is identical when trying the generic tar.gz-package. Thankful for any tip.

To get rid of these warnings you’ll need to install the appmenu-gtk (32-bit libs)

sudo apt-get install appmenu-gtk:i386

Hi William

Thanks for the tip. The package appmenu-gtk was already installed, but putting “:i386” behind it seemed to install the 32-bit version instead. I did not know this, that was a neat trick!

Installing this made the GTK warnings go away, but the IDE still crashes on me. However the terminal is not filled with noise anymore when starting the IDE, so this perhaps made the real problem show instead. Now I get this:

Both libwebkitgtk-3.0-0 and libgtkhtml-4.0-0 is however installed. High on my newly aquired knowledge of the “:i386” switch, I tried “sudo apt-get install libwebkitgtk-3.0-0:i386” but that did not work. Apt says that there is unresolved dependencies and that some broken packages are being withheld.

Maybe I’m better off installing 32-bit Ubuntu (who needs more than 4 GB of memory anyway…), or reverting to an older version of 64-bit Ubuntu. It would be a shame though, I really don’t want to reinstall.