Desktop Create Folder

You might run in to other issues with macOS Sierra (you can read the other threads on here)…

like what?

Translocation. If your app gets translocated on Mac, you have no access to the files around your app, you only have access to App Support, things you’ve asked entitlements for in Sandboxing, and anything the user explicitly grants you with an OpenDialog.

Basically your app gets Sandboxed whether you like it or not.

I frankly will never quite understand why insist on using other folders than those set up by the system. On Windows, users expect an installer, and to be able to uninstall in the Programs and Features control panel. On Mac users are accustomed to place apps in the Applications folder.

Why on earth do otherwise ?

[quote=302078:@Michel Bujardet]I frankly will never quite understand why insist on using other folders than those set up by the system. On Windows, users expect an installer, and to be able to uninstall in the Programs and Features control panel. On Mac users are accustomed to place apps in the Applications folder.

Why on earth do otherwise ?[/quote]
Because some applications are just different. And some clients are different and want their stuff to act different. I’ve gone round and round with several clients. and in a few cases, their different, turns out, is actually the better way of doing it because of their particular requirements.

However, I did get them to never install the application in anything other than a regular location. But their data, presences, et al is in strange spots in Windows.

Whatever. They pay me by the hour.

Indeed, client is king. They have all rights to want strange things.

My reflection was more end user software oriented.