Deploy a web app

Hi,

I am new to Xojo and I have a license. I have a new web app to deploy in Xojo. I try to follow the instructions but it is not clear to me.

These are the steps in the documentation with my comments.

1. Compile your web application.
    I have assumed it means “Build”. When I build, it generates the following structure:

Windows (Folder)
My Application (Folder)
My Application.exe
My Application Libs (Folder)
msvcp120.dll
msvcr120.dll
RBGUIFramework.dll

1. Connect to your web server using FTP.
    Do i use Filezilla or it has something in Xojo to do the job?

2. Upload your web application (including the Libs folder)
    Usually, for a web application, the files are in HTML, ASP or PHP???

3. Verify that the execute flag is still set for the files that you just
    uploaded. Some FTP clients have been known to change this
    flag during upload.

I don’t know???

Thanks for help.

Claude it is not clear what you are going to be uploading too. Is it a Windows/Linux VPS or just standard shared web hosting?

I have a Xojo web app. I have built it. It has generated a Windows folder like I have explained before. I would like to deploy it as a Standalone Web Application.

What are the steps transfer this to my web server from XOJO?

I am sorry. I did not mention that my web server is a IIS 7 web server.

[quote=58965:@Claude St-Pierre]1. Compile your web application.
I have assumed it means “Build”. When I build, it generates the following structure:

Windows (Folder)
My Application (Folder)
My Application.exe
My Application Libs (Folder)
msvcp120.dll
msvcr120.dll
RBGUIFramework.dll[/quote]
Yes, compile means build. But this structure looks like the contents of a Desktop app, not a Web app.

You use your own FTP client.

Xojo is not HTML, ASP or PHP. Xojo web apps are compiled apps, so that is what you upload.

[quote=58965:@Claude St-Pierre]Verify that the execute flag is still set for the files that you just
uploaded. Some FTP clients have been known to change this
flag during upload.[/quote]
Probably not relevant for Windows (the page you are looking at is for Linux deployment).

Once you have uploaded the standalone app to the server, you will have to run it there. Standalone web apps do not use IIS or any other web server as they have their own web server built-in.

I have found a very interesting video on how to deploy an app on an IIS web server using the CGI option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3PJRQnZSvE