Declare for Locking Window in place

Andre,
Probably you are right.
I just checked with a single window test and it seemed it worked but I did not deep into it at all.

Michel,
Yes. In fact you move the window and it comes back. But in my computer (a not new PC) it was so fast I just could see some flickering.

There is at least one other one to stop the window from moving, but I think it requires a lot deeper coding than I would be able to do… I think it has something to do with the DefWindowProc, WM_SYSCOMMAND and SC_MOVE “thingies” so you can trap the move when the user clicks on the toolbar as well as the Move option in the window’s menu (the menu that appears when clicking on the top left corner of the window)…

Found this at SO but it is over my league as well.

$64000 unasked question - why the heck would you want to do this ?

To lock a small tool (window) in place :slight_smile:

Yeah yeah … you want to lock it to lock it - nice answer mike but what can you expect from a goalie ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Why would you want to lock it at all ?
If it looks like it can move but won’t then you may just get bug reports about it not moving
Is it to not overlay some main window ?
But if the person moves the window the tool window should move with the main window ?

Norman you are my fun killer :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

It all started when I found the Cocoa declares then I was like “Dude cool… Ill put it in as a menubar option.”. I figured it would be easy on Win also :slight_smile: Basically thats how I came to this epiphany :slight_smile:

The tool is the main window in my case… You bring up a good point of will anyone really use it… :slight_smile: It is a good point.

Not trying to stomp on your fun BUT if it looks draggable & movable and isn’t I’d bet you get bug reports about it not moving :stuck_out_tongue:

Good point Norman about the dragging.

Plus Team USA really disappointed while Team Canada crushed it :wink:

I thought Team Canada crushed Team USA :stuck_out_tongue:

Team Canada crushed team USA’s spirit 100% which paved the way for Finland.

All the best reason to use a plain box instead.

I juse used ad property 1 and 2 and get the status of the windows when you open the windows, and then I use this same in Move event of the windows, so the windows is locked, you can’t move it. Status1 and status2 is property for this Windows.

Windows.open
status1 = Windows.Left
status2 = Windows.Top

Windows.Moved
Windows.Left = status1
Windows.Top = status2

This work for me, If I’m understanding this trouble right.