Debug Libs Folder on managed Windows box.

Hello.

Just wanted to check something before I approach our IT people. IT have made Xojo 2014r2.1 available for me as an install on a managed (read locked down) work PC. When I first Run the web app (simply a test window at this stage) it runs fine and creates the debug directory. If I stop the app and then run again the process hangs - no window is opened in the browser. I can’t delete the debug folder but I can rename it - and again I can re-run the app no problems.

I suspect this is a user permissions thing as the debug folder is being created read only.

Just wanted to double check - thanks for any help.

[quote=122762:@David Cope]Just wanted to check something before I approach our IT people. IT have made Xojo 2014r2.1 available for me as an install on a managed (read locked down) work PC. When I first Run the web app (simply a test window at this stage) it runs fine and creates the debug directory. If I stop the app and then run again the process hangs - no window is opened in the browser. I can’t delete the debug folder but I can rename it - and again I can re-run the app no problems.

I suspect this is a user permissions thing as the debug folder is being created read only.[/quote]

Could it be that the application keeps running for some reason ? You may want to use Tasklist to verify the debug app as indeed quit.
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/tasklist.mspx

Thanks for the suggestion Michel, Task Manager did not show the debug app after I quite the IDE and closed the browser. My IT guys suggested moving on the the C: drive rather than the shared network drives and this cured the problem. Its really odd as my home directory on the network drive gives me full permissions anyway.

I can see the behavior of this debug directory now - on the C: drive it gets deleted when I stop the debugger. On the network drive it doesn’t.

So all I need to do is backup to the network drive and develop from the local drive.