DBReport 1.3 Release

[quote=47773:@Tanner Lee]FYI, I’m on Xojo 2013r3.3 on Mac 10.8.5.
I’d be interested if other Mac users are seeing this behavior.[/quote]

Yes’ I’m seeing it as well running under Mavericks…

A little further information: I just built the same project in the same version of Xojo (on the Mac) for Windows, and ran it under Vista. The drag and drop works properly there…

Same.
Windows working, OS X not (drag and drop)

Thanks. Seems to be working well enough to test in the debugger in a Win7 VM.

is the source code available to buy?

Yes, of curse, for US$140 email me for details lbmonsalve@outlook.com.

I’m working on drag’n drop issue…

interesting!, in fact really interesting, since I’ve half written something similar!
but its not half as good as this looks.

I’m going to have a think.

That’s my omission, Tanner Lee please try with this or here or here.

Thanks Peter F for help of “drag’n drop”.

Hi Bernardo, and grazie mille. That did indeed fix the drag 'n drop issue on Mac. I can’t delete an object once it’s been created though. Being able to edit on Windows makes this a minor issue. I’ll test further and report any other issues directly to your email rather than through this forum.

The Mac version has a few oddities. You need to use control click to get the contextual menus to appear. Windows will work with standard right clicking.

Dang forum bugs… refresh didn’t work this time.

Control “left” click for contextual menus on the Mac version of dbReports.

I use a Kensington Expert Mouse with a button configured for “Right Click”. This obviously didn’t work when running DBReports. Changed the button to send “^ + Click” and it works as expected. I’ve never seen this behavior in any other app. Bizarre.

Hi there,

I have something new for testing: Rotate text and DPI. A short video here.

The new version can download from here, here or here.

Hi,

Something new: Render to PDF. Download from here or here.

Testing and feedback are appreciate.

This render does not have embedded fonts, in the future I render using DynaPDF for more features.

Thanks a lot.

Some bugs fixed. Download new version here or here.

A video on Linux with some issues fixed here --no audio, I had problems with mic… :frowning: --. A brief of new feature and tips here.

Thanks.

I would like to try this, but when I run the example (using linux 64 bit, mageia 3) I get an error that it can not find dbexample in the sqlselect statement of Window1.Pushbutton1.Action1 Line 1.

I don’t know what I am doing wrong?

this is looking better all the time!

i intended to get working on this, but one of our employees left us at christmas so I’ve been busy while finding a replacement
I’m hoping to start looking at this again in the coming weeks. have you got any new features?

also, how well does it cope with huge reports, say 200 pages?

Ups… I don’t read this forum since last week, sorry about that.

[quote=70285:@Gary Vassalotti]I would like to try this, but when I run the example (using linux 64 bit, mageia 3) I get an error that it can not find dbexample in the sqlselect statement of Window1.Pushbutton1.Action1 Line 1.

I don’t know what I am doing wrong?[/quote]

Yes, change “Desktop” for “UserHome” folder on SpecialFolder function, wach this video.

Download last version here (mirror)

[quote=70801:@Russ Lunn]this is looking better all the time!

i intended to get working on this, but one of our employees left us at christmas so I’ve been busy while finding a replacement
I’m hoping to start looking at this again in the coming weeks. have you got any new features?

also, how well does it cope with huge reports, say 200 pages?[/quote]

Hi russ, New features: Render to PDF and Rotate text are new features.

About huge reports, yes, I have users printing reports with 300+ pages with no problem, but on preview, well, I have work on performance; I had to write a background print: DBReport.PrintOnBackground(rpt) for thread printing.

Hi,

Is the develop/support on this tool still available ?

I am new to XOJO, but reporting is one of my key components, since XOJO does not support reporting natively (I stand to be corrected), I am researching for reporting tools for XOJO.

Can anyone please update me with what tools they use for PDF reporting.

Thanks in advance.