Date Picker that uses Xojo.Core for Dates?

But if your primary computer was a laptop and you carried it back and forth to work…

And not always in the same amounts :slight_smile:
There are offsets that are .5 hours where most are 1 hour increments

I have worked for companies that do exactly this :stuck_out_tongue:
Everything was stated in Central time (not Central Daylight Time) all year long
It was basically their version of UTC

[quote]Everything was stated in Central time (not Central Daylight Time) all year long
It was basically their version of UTC[/quote]

I am sure that the people working in the central time zone found the system very easy to use. As for the others, well… they could always move closer to head office, I guess!

And you happened to cross a timezone when you did this :stuck_out_tongue:
I know people who have this issue who live near the Alberta / Saskatchewan border and cross the border for work Alberta observes daylight time & Saskatchewan does not
Yeehaw !!!
Or the entier city of Lloyminster which straddles a time zone :slight_smile:

It was confusing as heck since the head office was in Mountain time :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=340877:@Norman Palardy]And you happened to cross a timezone when you did this :stuck_out_tongue:
I know people who have this issue … [/quote]

And my mother had a friend in the navy who crossed the international dateline on his anniversary, so the next day was his anniversary too (kinda). He used to love to tell people at anniversary parties that he had one more anniversary than his wife…

I’ve been on a flight from Ottawa back to Calgary on New Years eve
That was fun because they rolled out champagne each time it rolled across midnight
3 times that night because of time zones

So we really need a DateNoTime data type. My datepicker really doesn’t care about time because it only returns or uses dates.

I can see the benefits of the new date though.

[quote=340677:@Neil Burkholder]Here is what I use.

Date Picker (With XojoCoreDate).xojo_binary_project
[/quote]

Neil, I downloaded your project and changed to Spanish. One thing I wanted to change is a way to click again the down to open the calendar to close it.

After many tests, the only way I could make it work was to add a Property that change value so on MouseDown check me.Width - pp instead of me.Width - 18, when the app opens pp value is 18, I click the down arrow mark to open the calendar and change pp value to 0, then when the CalendarWindow is deactivated run a CallLater to change the pp value back to 18. This way the MouseDown is not capture to open again the CalendarWindow until 100ms later.

I guess there are other (better) ways to do this, because right now the code looks ‘strange’ (I bet in the future will say it was bad coding :slight_smile: ). But it works.

If you don’t need times, this one uses new framework and only really cares about the date:
https://github.com/ejamroz/DatePicker

Near Strasbourg ? :wink: