DataView 1.0

I’ve posted DataView 1.0 on piDog.com.

Please take a look and let me know if you run into any issues.
Thanks!

I can’t tell from looking at your web site, does DataView also work on Windows?

One of the bullet points is “Optimized for Mac, Windows, and Linux”

It’s obviously been a longer day than I thought. Time to go play ball with the dogs…:slight_smile:

Thanks!

This is a really great peace of work Jim!

I’ve posted a new version 1.0.1

Fixed Folder expansion animation (should be incredibly smooth now)
Added background caching of some offscreen rows for better scrolling feel
Fixed a bug adding rows from a thread in the demo window
Fixed CellBGPaintEnabled to default to true
Fixed a potential crashing bug in dragReorder
Added Cell(-1,-1) functionality for better compatibility with Xojo Listbox

piDogScrollingCanvas_1.2.1.zip

I also added an option to the demo window to allow setting values using cell(-1,-1). Note that this method sets the values as strings, so sorting becomes lexical rather than numeric (the default) for columns with number/date/color values.

When right clicking in DataView there is a crash if no row is selected.

also in DataBaseBrowser

Just uploaded v 1.0.2

Fixed exception in ConstructContextualMenu when an empty cell is clicked
ConstructContextualMenu now passes -1,-1 for row,column when an empty cell is clicked
RowPictures now refuse to scale above 100% and center correctly when rowheight/cellheight are set larger than the image
toXML and fromXML now include celltype, cellcheck, and (optionally) rowpicture
DisclosureTriangles are now animated
CollapseRow animation now correctly renders subrows

piDogScrollingCanvas_1.2.2.zip

I’ve Uploaded v1.1 of DataView.
It is in the piDogScrollingCanvas_1.2.4.zip download.

This update fixes several issues, including the DataSource not being released when the view closes.
Added support for GridlinePaint, InsertColumn and RemoveColumn
I’ve also added support for Vibrancy under OSX 10.10

Hi Jim,

That looks good. The customer scroll behavior is by purpose (e.g. no page scroll ?) The X NS Scroller should be fitted to to full width of the canvas as you did with the Y NSScroller with the full height.

Are you going to release code for the NSScroller a at least a part of ? Or is it an NSScrollview ?

Regarding the Dataviewer, it crashes on Mac OS 10.8.5. I can see both windows popping up but
app crashes then.

Btw: found the problem -> setLabelColor crashes

[quote=171138:@Rob Egal]That looks good. The customer scroll behavior is by purpose (e.g. no page scroll ?) The X NS Scroller should be fitted to to full width of the canvas as you did with the Y NSScroller with the full height.

Are you going to release code for the NSScroller a at least a part of ? Or is it an NSScrollview ?[/quote]

There is page scroll with NSScrollers enabled if your system preferences have it set.
The horizontal scroller should be full width. It looks like the OS is sizing it to allow space for the vertical scroller.

I could put together an NSScrollView class. It would have the caveat though that NSScrollview scrolls it’s position using floating point values, where Xojo currently uses integers, so the smooth scrolling and zooming you get with an NSScrollview would be somewhat lost. That was the original motivation for piDogScrollingCanvas. (DataView uses vector mode, so all drawing is pixel aligned and it still looks pretty smooth)
If we could manipulate the view hierarchy without causing problems, a canvas could be set as the DocumentView of an NSScrollView and things would be very simple. (I’m hoping that’s the case when the new framework makes it’s way into desktop)

[quote=171138:@Rob Egal]Btw: found the problem -> setLabelColor crashes

[/quote]

Ah, that was added when I was working on vibrancy… can be safely removed or commented out.

Hi Jim,

I know the NSScroller has the PageScroll but why didn’t you implement it for the custom one ? It’s pretty easy to do so. I did that with my scrollers too.
I have seen your example of manipulating the view hierachry with the NSScrollView but I don’t know if this will break as it’s not the official way but saves a great deal odf time.

To be honest I am also working on developing a custom source list with scrolling but the underlying code idea is quite simple.
I am using containercontrols, making a buffer if it and paint it to a canvas. I wanted to make it more simple by just using a canvas with containercontrols so I am interessed what do you suggest to go for. Can you help what seems best ?
early example

This listbox features an automatic scroll if the cell is partly out of view which I really like and think is useful. You see it in the demo project. Maybe you can implent this for yout dataview too.

What do mean mean with vector mode ?

Feature request, minimum column width. If I didn’t miss that.

Hello Jim, I have a problem with dataview.
I added a container control to my application (I have to manage multiple controls including dataview) then I added a dataview on container control and finally I added the container control on the window.
I ran the program that goes into error “NilObjectException”.
If I put the dataview directly on the window it works.
I have the dataview version 1.2.4.
Please can you help me?

Thank in advances

Luciano