Dash - Unwanted Paste

In a project I’m working on I created a new Button, when I typed the Caption, which is (WOW … just typed the phase and Dash just pasted the code in this conversation ) the phase is these two words “Print” and “Label”

Why has Dash just started this and what do I do to stop it?

Sorry, I do not quite understand what you are trying to say. I understand that you got an unwanted paste event, but what has Dash got to do with it?

And I presume you mean phrase?

[quote=256352:@Markus Winter]Sorry, I do not quite understand what you are trying to say. I understand that you got an unwanted paste event, but what has Dash got to do with it?

And I presume you mean phrase?[/quote]

When I type “Print Label” Dash (I know it Dash. If I close Dash it does not happen) replaces it with about 70 lines of code. This code is in Dash under “Print Label”. This happened in Xojo IDE and Foxfire in this web page.

The first time it happened was yesterday.
I have closed Dash. Would like to find out what I need to do to so I can run Dash again without this happening.

I only have Dash 2, but this sounds as if it could be some integration feature of Dash. Check its preference settings.

Did you set any snippets? I can create a quick screencast to show you how that works if you don’t know.

I have a few set up, they’re fantastic. I have one that I type dlog( and it turns it into system.debugLog() with the insertion point in the middle.

Which version of Dash are you using?

I would appreciate that.

I’m running 2.2.6

Reported this to Dash support.
Problem and fix:
It is highly recommended that your snippet’s abbreviation should contain a symbol, in order to avoid expansions by mistake. I personally use a backtick (`).

I just use creative non-word snippets like dlog( and #ifmac, but I guess those do have symbols in them. Still, I don’t think you can blame Dash for when you used plain english words, it was only doing what you told it.

Snippets in Dash are more like TextExpander than they are a notepad.