Darkmode - Scrollbar vanishes

well not really… but the “thumb” does…
Scrollbars on listoboxes, and textareas work fine… its just the standalone one

Which version of Xojo? I’ve been working the various forms of Dark Mode since macOS 10.10 (yes it existed back then, but was only developer enabled). Seen a bunch of weird issues in not just Xojo apps.

Are you just Xojo code or any declares to make the scrollbars “overlay”?

Edit: Which version of the macOS? Dark Mode received some tweaks in 10.11, but didn’t really change until 10.14. I’ve not done much testing in Dark Mode on 10.15.

2019r1.1, just dropped a Scrollbar on a container.
works fine in Lite mode… well it “works” in Darkmode… you just can’t see the “thumb”

[quote=459429:@Dave S]2019r1.1, just dropped a Scrollbar on a container.
works fine in Lite mode… well it “works” in Darkmode… you just can’t see the “thumb”[/quote]
I suggest you try 2019r2, and if it doesn’t show, file a feedback. Do they show correctly in the code editor for the IDE (I’d imagine they’re the same).

Try this code in the Open event of the Window. It’s enables Layer Backed views, which seem like they’re kinda almost required nowadays.

[code]declare Function NSWindowContentView lib “AppKit” selector “contentView” (NSWindowInstance as integer) as integer
declare Sub NSViewWantsLayer lib “AppKit” selector “setWantsLayer:” (NSViewInstance as integer, assigns value as boolean)

NSViewWantsLayer( NSWindowContentView( me.handle ) ) = true[/code]

Thanks Sam… that didn’t help… but when I looked REALLY close… .In darkmode I can see a faint outline of the thumb… its filled with white, on a white background, with a very light gray border.

same in IDE as it is a runtime

Seems its semi-transparent (the transparent toggle does nothing)
but if I fill the container control with the right color, it looks “ok”

&c202020

Sorry I meant the code editor of Xojo, I’d imagine they use the same scrollbar.

On the image here, I use a Xojo scroller on the popover (the list is just a canvas).
https://www.ohanaware.com/hdr/#creative

I can’t recall exactly what I did to the scrollbar… I do recall that I decided not to overlay it over content because it just looked a mess with those items.

like I had mentioned… those that are part of an existing control (textarea, listbox etc) are fine
and it is not over any other control except the contain that holds it

I’m using the ScrollBar control over top of a multi-line Label in a Container (where the Scrollbar parent is the ContainerControl), to create a scrollable read only text display. The scrollbar “thumb” looks the same (transparency & colour-wise) as other scrollable controls in regular and Dark Mode. This works with both 2019r1.1 & 2019r2 on macOS & Windows.

Maybe it’s something to do with your Scrollbar's parent?

Just a guess…

[quote=459435:@Dave S]Seems its semi-transparent (the transparent toggle does nothing)
but if I fill the container control with the right color, it looks “ok”

&c202020[/quote]
It’s just an NSScrollbar, and yes, the OS draws it with translucency, so the visibility is very dependent on what’s under it.