Cyrpto Module & AES

Hello All,

Am I missing something or does the Crypto module NOT include any AES components? The user guide docs suggest using them
“So typically you use the messages to communicate a “secret key” of some kind that can be used to decrypt an actual message that was encrypted using some other technique (such as AES).” But I do not see anything in the module that supports AES.

Can anyone confirm or deny the Existance with AES in the Crypto module. And if not suggest an a method to do so other than a paid plug-in? I already have the Einhuger AES implemented, but it does not support 64 bit, not ARM. So an IDE component would be best since it can be counted on to exist and be maintained - (wow that might be a big thing to expect too now that I think of it!).

Thanks in advance all,
Tim

No, it’s not in Crypto. MBS is probably your best bet if it’s been updated.

Einhugur has already updated a lot of his plugins. You should ask them about their plans to update that particular one.

I asked bjorn, he seems to indicate that it is in there for 64 bit, but not yet ARM. Admittendly, it could be that the new Xojo version is not mature enough to tell us what exactly is the problem when compilation to 64 bit fails - I get a whole lot of nothing when it does not compile so guessing is all I can do to find the cause…

I love the move forward, but hate the pain when not even a clue can be provided… kind of like going to the doctor!

Tim

Your answers, and my question make me wonder, “why didn’t xojo make the Crypto module more complete” ?? I do not understand the logic behind providing a small part of the solution, and not a solution!

In any case, thank you all for responding!
Tim

AES and Blowfish would be nice additions. The Crypto++ library they use supports them, so it is very much a possibility to get them added. File a feature request.

As to why they weren’t included from the start, it is because I didn’t ask for them. I asked for public key cryptography, so that’s what we got.

Bad Thom. Bad Bad Thom. Always ask for a complete crypto package. :slight_smile:

And I am only halfway joking. I always push for a complete crypto package, especially in times like these.

[quote=235658:@scott boss]Bad Thom. Bad Bad Thom. Always ask for a complete crypto package. :slight_smile:

And I am only halfway joking. I always push for a complete crypto package, especially in times like these.[/quote]
Well complete is hard to define. Have you looked at what Crypto++ can do? It’s pretty much everything. Asking for all of it is a sure fire way to be told no. The Xojo API would just be too complex.

Better is to fill in the blanks as need arises. In my case, I needed public key, so that’s what I arranged for.

So I’m serious, if AES is something you need, ask for it. If you really want to improve your chances, read the Crypto++ API and recommend the Xojo API accordingly.

In my book, “complete” is MD5, SHA, HMAC, PBKDF2, Public Key, AES, Blowfish, Crypt, and BCrypt. Am I missing anything major? From that list, we’re pretty close already.

MBS has a lot of things and works for 64-bit.
Try it.

all the "Fish"es like TwoFish, you meantioned BlowFish, and I know there are a few other in the category.

I’ll mention here that my open-source Blowfish classes are available.

https://github.com/ktekinay/Blowfish

[quote=235714:@Kem Tekinay]I’ll mention here that my open-source Blowfish classes are available.

https://github.com/ktekinay/Blowfish[/quote]

like aways… @Kem Tekinay is awesome…