This is about a Xojo Web App, not a desktop app. In case the weblistbox wasn’t a big enough clue
I suspect these problems are unrelated
I am using a weblistbox in a container control in a pagepanel. The linked bug explains the problem and the workaround. I develop on Windows, and the workaround has worked flawlessly. While working on a completely unrelated issue last night or this morning (no sleep = lets do the time warp again), I came across an additional WebListBox problem.
- In the debugger, everything works fine, listbox works as expected.
- The compiled windows binary (32 & 64 bit) works fine, listbox works as expected.
- The compiled Linux (x64) binary runs without a problem, BUT the listbox doesn’t show any records.
What I’ve tried
- First off, I added logging to make sure that I was getting data from the database. I am. The SQL select statement is returning the exact same records on both platforms.
- Next I tried removing the listbox from the pagepanel. No effect, the userlist is still blank.
- Next I tried adding data from a
for nextloop - no records showed, listbox is empty.
- I then created a brand new project and tried to emulate the problem. The buggy behaviour was present, but the workaround fixed it. The disparity between windows and linux was gone - the listbox worked on both platforms.
- Finally, I tried various hacks and code changes, no joy - listbox works on Windows, not on linux.
What I need
- Anyone experienced anything similar?
- Suggestions on where I can start troubleshooting.
- How do you troubleshoot a cross-platform problem?
- Any other help or suggestions.
- A magic wand to make Web problems dissappear.