Could we have bootstrap icons in the text fields?

Could we have the bootstrap theme icons in the text fields ? similar to this for example as a login window to show the icons for the username and password within the fields without reinventing the wheel ?

And if yes then how ?

Thanks.

1 Like

As a workaround I put an imageview 38px x 38 px next to the Textfeld. not optimal but it works at least.

Hey there! I’ve had this in GraffitiSuite for Web 1.0 for quite a while, and it’ll be in GraffitiSuite for Web 2.0 as well. Check out the “TextField” demo. Though that demo doesn’t currently show icon usage, GraffitiSuite supports using FontAwesome icons pretty much anywhere you can think of.

2 Likes

Hello , thanks for the info. I’m afraid I cannot use your solution. As long as I remember your solution requires internet connection and in my case I will not have that option so all the resources should be locally available for that app to work.

Do you have any option for that ?

Thanks .

GraffitiSuite does not require an internet connection. I don’t know what you’re referring to.

weird I had always the feeling that you need to have internet available in order to access your web parts as they were like hosted parts on some cdn or so, I guess I was wrong or mistaking it with something else.

In your case I assume that the solution would offer full source code in that price and the fee is for early updates , correct ?

Thanks.

An internet connection is only required if you use the CDN hosting functionality and then only if you specify a remote server URL root for the scripts directory.

The annual subscription covers your license to use, access to support, and access to updates. Source code is included under the Source Code EULA.

thanks for the info.

I assume that the demo2 is based on Web 2.0 ? it is incredibly slow. While I have a gigabit Internet connection I guess the internet speed issue is out of the question. I assume that it is framework tuneup. or maybe server issues.

That is partly due to a bottleneck in the Web 2.0 framework that has been reported and identified, and the fact that you’re looking at an Alpha build. I’m currently in the process of moving this significant codebase from Web 1.0 to Web 2.0. The first step is to get it working, then focus on speed.

2 Likes

got it, thanks and keep up the good work, good luck with the migration and keep in touch .

I hope Xojo can bring Bootstrap Input Groups to the next release:

2 Likes

I guess that was the right question, that is what I was looking for more exactly.

Thanks for that.

7 posts were split to a new topic: GraffitiSuite Web 2.0 Alpha Slowness

something like this ?

Exactly like that.

Can you use WebPicture.BootstrapIcon for Prepend and Append?

I have difficulties with bootstrapicons to display them correctly ( mainly color)
but it’s easy to add fontawesome in there, or emoticons.

2 Likes

now it’s ok with bootstrap icons, but I still can’t set the desired color for the icon.

Hi @Jean-Yves_Pochez

I find it very interesting, I don’t know if you would mind sharing a simple example. Would it be possible, please? :relaxed:

Thank you very much.
Sergio

sorry I’ve put this on standby because I’m waiting for stability with web 2.0
I also have to update my dev mac to 10.13 only for xojo 2020
and I have a lot of work to do in the coming months with 2019r11 so…

1 Like

Ok @Jean-Yves_Pochez, dont’ worry. Thanks anyway.

Sergio