Copy Single Table to In Memory Database

You could try running those sqlite commands in a shell.

For the amount of benefit I receive for the work required - probably not worth it!

And then you need your customer to have a SQLite command line app or have one bundled with your code.

Well, why not include an empty database with required page size as template within the app?

How would that help, Christian?

If the database file is not existing on the user’s computer - I create it. Then at that time, I am now setting the page size.

If the user already has a database existing, the only way I can think of changing the page size inside Xojo would be to create a new database, set the page size, attach the original one to it and copy all the tables over.

That would work, but how much benefit do I gain from doing all that? That’s the real question…

oh, sorry. I assumed you had problem creating one with bigger page size.

For existing customers you could of course add a menu command to vacuum database or to create a fresh copy.
(Which also shrinks file size)

[quote=182370:@Christian Schmitz]oh, sorry. I assumed you had problem creating one with bigger page size.

For existing customers you could of course add a menu command to vacuum database or to create a fresh copy.
(Which also shrinks file size)[/quote]

No the problem is changing the page size on an existing database. Vacuuming it doesn’t help. Xojo’s implementation simply won’t let you change the page size after tables are created.

It’s really not an issue. I’ve only begun running into performance issues with a couple of installs that had a large amount of content stored in one of the tables. Most of my users won’t have that size. With the increase of the cache size, everything is much faster and more zippy. So it’s good. And I found out that WAL mode will not work for network based shares and one feature of my app would allow putting the database file on a network drive. So I’ve turned off WAL.

Anyhow, this has been a really good learning experience! :slight_smile: