Copy / Paste code in Xojo IDE

In a previous conversation, I’ve made a wrong comment because I use rarely Xojo 2016r1.1 and because the original question (in part) already exists in prior versions.

I want to apologize to the original poster about that (I searched this discussion, but I failed to find it).

What existed and what is new (to me) ?

What existed
In a block of comments (for example), having an ending space (or many) is (are) removed.

what is new
In a same block of comments, pasting text with leading space strip the leading space.

Comment block example

// ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- // // This is a typical block of comment as I do to describe an Event, a Method, etc. // // // ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

So, to create the first line of comments, I press 2 times in the ‘/’ key, one time in the ‘ ’ key (space), 10 times in the ‘-’ key, copy the leadins space and the 10 ‘-’ and paste the whole 8 times.

I’ve done that yesterday using Xojo 2016r1.1 and I had to re do it two or three times until I realized that the missing space in the Paste was stripped by Xojo.

That was new to me.

This is what I had in 2015r1 (and prior Xojo)
You may not saw the ending space in all lines that have ‘//’. This is a provision for more comments. I also can do:

// Nota: <place-some-text-here> // Space aligned text line 1 // Space aligned text line 2 // Space aligned text line 3

I use the above for variable names, Fields in a Table, etc.

Copy / Paste ‘// ’ remove the trailing Spaces. I’d better Copy / Paste ‘// . ’ (when I recall…) to keep my spaces where I really want them.

I will not explain here how insecure I am when I am using Xojo’s Code Editor (the cursor is never where I think it have to do [OS X] for example). This have a great impact on my already very low productivity.