Copy (Clipboard) and Save Object2D

I think that I do not put what is needed in the Clipboard - still yesterday.

Example from the Docs (ArcShape)

[code]Dim a As New ArcShape

a.StartAngle = -1.57
a.ArcAngle = 1.57
a.FillColor = RGB(255, 0, 127)
g.DrawObject a, 100, 100[/code]

How can I place the a Object2D into the Clipboard ?

Question 2:
I have serious doubts of my saved emf files (as vector graphics).
I to have doubts for the pict generated files under OS X 10.8.5.

Why ?
Very simple: their size are far too heavy, loaded in LibreOffice.Draw gaves ma what I think is a bitmap object. I do not have a true vector graphics software handly (or my MBP cannot run one I have) so I cannot be sure.

The question is: did you saved lately Object2D to vector files ? Do you know if it is still working with Xojo 2013r4.1 ?

Question 3:
How do I place what is drawn in Canvas.Paint into the Clipboard ?

Sorry for these basic questions.

[quote=68438:@Emile Schwarz]I think that I do not put what is needed in the Clipboard - still yesterday.

Example from the Docs (ArcShape)

[code]Dim a As New ArcShape

a.StartAngle = -1.57
a.ArcAngle = 1.57
a.FillColor = RGB(255, 0, 127)
g.DrawObject a, 100, 100[/code]

How can I place the a Object2D into the Clipboard ?
[/quote]
You can’t. You can draw it to a picture and put that in the clipboard (you might have to save to disk first).

[quote]Question 2:
I have serious doubts of my saved emf files (as vector graphics).
I to have doubts for the pict generated files under OS X 10.8.5.

Why ?
Very simple: their size are far too heavy, loaded in LibreOffice.Draw gaves ma what I think is a bitmap object. I do not have a true vector graphics software handly (or my MBP cannot run one I have) so I cannot be sure.

The question is: did you saved lately Object2D to vector files ? Do you know if it is still working with Xojo 2013r4.1 ?
[/quote]
I don’t think Xojo supports vector graphics any more.

[quote]Question 3:
How do I place what is drawn in Canvas.Paint into the Clipboard ?
[/quote]
Draw it to a picture first.

You can’t. You can draw it to a picture and put that in the clipboard (you might have to save to disk first).
That is what I’ve done but I think I lose the vector then. No need to save it to disk.

Code to load and save Vector Grapics is at page 96 of the current pdf book named “UserGuide-Framework.pdf”, “Saving and Loading Vector Graphics”/

I don’t think Xojo supports vector graphics any more.
If this is true, this is also true for many, many other things… Look at “UserGuide-Framework.pdf”.

Draw it to a picture first
Thanks Tim, but can you elaborate a bit ?