Control "vanished?"

I have created a container control… this has two small canvas each being used as a button… it also has a popup menu
This was working just fine, until “something happened”…

Now it says “sb_zoom.btn.Name Layout (property name) … This item does not exist”

Now. sb_zoom is the name of the container control
Btn is a control set of the two canvas mentioned above

In the Navigator pane under the definition of SB_ZOOM… there is a BTN SET with two members (0) and (1)… so it exists there
Click on either entry and the INSPECTOR shows the correct attribute (name, control set index etc)… so it exists there

So WHERE does it think it does NOT exist?

Btn is a control set, which doesn’t have a name (or any) property. You forgot the index: sb_zoom.btn(0).Name

Forgot the index? No. where would I be able to forget the index?
Note the left panel… Btn(0) and Btn(1) … click on the GEAR and you would see the Control Set attributes

The compile error doesn’t point at any “code”…

So I am still confused.

[quote=77688:@Dave S]I have created a container control… this has two small canvas each being used as a button… it also has a popup menu
This was working just fine, until "something happened"…
[/quote]
Would be nice to know what caused “something to happen”

[quote=77688:@Dave S]Now it says “sb_zoom.btn.Name Layout (property name) … This item does not exist”
[/quote]
Usually see this when / if there is some ambiguity about names OR have you set something that should be a integer as a string
Nothing obvious jumps out with what I can see in the inspector

The only “something” that happened was I changed code in another module… not related to the container control, its contents or any event etc.

The word “sb_zoom” appears 7 times in the code…

one as sb_zoom.name
one as Super Layout
one as the instance (this is sb_zoom1)
4 times where properties are read or written (this also is sb_zoom1)

MORE CONFUSED… I (for the heck of it) changed the INSTANCE name from sb_zoom1 to sb_mag
and now it works

A class & an instance with the same name ?

No… that was first thing I thought of…

But there was one class (sb_zoom)…and one instance of that class (sb_zoom1… now sb_mag)

Out of curiosity, what happens if you change the name back again?