Control Spacing on Windows in the IDE

Is the automatic snapping/control spacing in the IDE set to some standard? Can this be adjusted? I think radio buttons which are in a group together stacked vertically look to far apart with the standard spacing. I’m on OSX so wasn’t sure if this was based on the Apple guidelines.

The snap grid is basically a “good estimate” for all three platforms.

Also, be aware that these controls are different sizes on Windows and Linux than on OS X, so you may need to do some further adjustment for the other platforms. I’ve created new classes that take the platforms into account and make adjustments in the Open event such as this:

#if Not TargetMacOSX Me.Top = Me.Top -3 Me.Height = Me.Height + 5 Me.FontSize = 11 #endif

[quote=114719:@Tim Jones]The snap grid is basically a “good estimate” for all three platforms.

Also, be aware that these controls are different sizes on Windows and Linux than on OS X, so you may need to do some further adjustment for the other platforms. I’ve created new classes that take the platforms into account and make adjustments in the Open event such as this:

#if Not TargetMacOSX Me.Top = Me.Top -3 Me.Height = Me.Height + 5 Me.FontSize = 11 #endif [/quote]

Thanks Tim. I guess this cant be changed then?

Sounds like a good idea for a feature request :).

Perhaps we better see what comes out when iOS is released. I understand they are making a lot of changes to the layout editor which will probably have something like this in it.

A feature request can’t hurt in either case…

done 34602 - Allow changing of the Control Spacing and Grid Snapping in the IDE