Control Sets count of members, changing order

2 Questions on Control Sets
How does one determine how many members are in a Control Set?
There is controlcount but that refers to the whole window’s controls.
I want to change the textfont of the set.

Is it possible to change the indexing for/in a Control Set?
If I enter a different number in index, it changes automatically back to the number.

Control sets are not like arrays unfortunately so it is very difficult do deremine the “ubound”
You have to manually check.

Yes. I understand

Count does not require ubound

Ubound isn’t useful because you can have gaps in the indexes
You could have indexes 0, 9, 35

You CAN just iterate of all controls and count up the number of controls that have the name your looking for

Dim count As Integer
 For i As Integer = 0 To ControlCount-1

If Control(i).Name = <whatever control name you're looking for> Then
    count = count + 1
  End If

Next

thanks for confirmation.
How about changing the order in the ide for the controls?

changing the index ?
or the location ?

Yes. index. I’m thinking of localization?
If I add a control to a location and want to set the order, it’s difficult. I might get things wrong with the display name
Also. If I try to change a control’s textfont in the above code and it doesn’t have the textfont property, will it generate an error in the program?

I’d use dynamic constants for localization
Third link on this page http://developer.xojo.com/hsearch/?q=localization

Yes, you can change the index for each member.

Sorry for being frustrated. What am I not doing? I try to change the number in the but it doesn’t work

Hard to tell with no code to view if you’re trying to do it in code

Make sure you’re not setting the INDEX to an index that already exists - that will fail

Sorry. My above post should have said [quote]I try to change the index number in the IDE but it doesn’t work[/quote]
Thankyou. I don’t have any code. Indexes are readonly usually and definitely here.
I would assume I don’t try to change it via tab-order. The documentation for control sets doesn’t have any special attribute. I also can’t find it with a “control set” search.

The specific controls are a set of labels
“PFHeading Set” with currently 27 members.
I assume there is a better way than having an array of the 27 members.

[quote=338305:@Arthur Gabhart]Sorry. My above post should have said
Thankyou. I don’t have any code. Indexes are readonly usually and definitely here.
[/quote]
They’re not ( at runtime either )

[quote=338305:@Arthur Gabhart]I would assume I don’t try to change it via tab-order.
[/quote]
No

[quote=338305:@Arthur Gabhart] The documentation for control sets doesn’t have any special attribute. I also can’t find it with a “control set” search.
[/quote
search where ?
http://developer.xojo.com/hsearch/?q=control%20set
That gets you a pile of references

[quote=338305:@Arthur Gabhart]
The specific controls are a set of labels
“PFHeading Set” with currently 27 members.
I assume there is a better way than having an array of the 27 members.[/quote]
Depends on what it is you’re trying to achieve really

I added and rearranged controls. The label’s order was nice before that
I’m wondering if there’s an easier way than converting them back to non control set labels, and back?

indexes are changeable in the IDE but its a bit of a pain (and I think there’s a bug report / feature request about this)

even if you convert them to regular then back to a control set there’s no guarantee that controls are indexed from top left moving right and down in a similar fashion row by row

so you may still have to manually reset their indexes in any case

WHEN I have to do this (which is almost never as I tend to not use controls sets of any kind) I

1. set all the indexes to their current value + 100 (or some other big number to make the low indexes “available”)
  2. go through the layout and change the indexes one by one to the ones I want them to have

That is easier. Thanks