Contacts exception not working for Sandboxed app

I have a few sandboxed apps in the MAS in which I have used a temporary exception. I have never had any issues with those. My new app needs access to the user’s contacts, which is a supported exception from Apple. I have looked up how to use this, and code signed my new app with the entitlements file written for access to the user’s contacts, but it doesn’t work. No information in retrieved from the user’s contacts while it’s sandboxed. It goes without saying that my new app works perfect when not sandboxed. Any ideas? Here is the exception file I’m using. I even tried changing “addressbook” to “contacts” thinking Apple’s docs were outdated (I’m on 10.8) but no luck.

[code]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

com.apple.security.app-sandbox com.apple.security.files.user-selected.read-write com.apple.security.personal-information.addressbook [/code]

The key looks right “com.apple.security.personal-information.addressbook”, how are you accessing the address book/contacts?

With an AppleScript.

You’ll also need a TE for using Apple Script to access the Contacts application, I recall that Xojo has built in functions for access Contacts/Address Book and the MBS plugin does also. Both of these use Apple APIs for doing so.

Be warned most people that use a TE with Apple Script have had their apps rejected, although it’s mostly because people were using Apple Script to control the Finder (and thus negating the Sandbox).

Only answering because i just read about this somewhere else. The jist was that apple prefer people to use native calls/api when they are available over applescript. Of course could be wrong…

[quote=20013:@Sam Rowlands]You’ll also need a TE for using Apple Script to access the Contacts application, I recall that Xojo has built in functions for access Contacts/Address Book and the MBS plugin does also. Both of these use Apple APIs for doing so.

Be warned most people that use a TE with Apple Script have had their apps rejected, although it’s mostly because people were using Apple Script to control the Finder (and thus negating the Sandbox).[/quote]

I have two other apps that access Notes and Reminders respectively with AppleScript. They do not have a TE for AppleScript, and they function just fine when sandboxed. So, that can’t be the reason.

Any ideas?

To clarify, those apps I mentioned above have a TE for Notes and Reminders, but no TE for AppleScript. Notes and Reminders are called by AppleScript, and work correctly Sandboxed, but there is no TE for AppleScript.

So this time, it’s behaving differently.